Crown vs NCL Pearl

boysmommy

I've sailed on the Crown and the NCL Gem, and of the two, I would pick the Crown. Both ships will be lively and have plenty to do, but to me, Princess seems to handle crowds better. We enjoyed our Gem cruise, but the food in the MDR was not as good as Princess. We love a lot of things about Princess: freshwater pools, Movies under the Stars, separate grill and pizza station , 24 hr buffet, International Cafe for free pastries and sandwiches/salads, beautiful but more understated decor than NCL. Only my opinion, however --- both lines have their fans.

Just came off the pearl. were not impressed, lot of the crew and service member were just down right rude.

The food was not even mediocre, we did love the southern carribean itinerary they had, the shows were outstanding and the decor of the ship was georgeous.

the kids club left a lot to be desired.

their buffet was a bit better than princess.

we are on the ruby in the july.

sonal.

We've sailed on both the Pearl and the Crown and enjoyed them both. Given that you're traveling with 21 and 17 yearl olds, I would personally go with the Pearl. I think it has more things to do and appeals more to younger people than the Crown. That being said, we loved them both so I don't think you can really go wrong either way. I suppose it also depends on which itinerary interests you more.

Archived