Can we have two beds?

Mooder

If you're stuck with a Queen size bed, you could try this. The queen size is so big that you and your sibling would be quite comfortable. Take those life preservers and along with the extra pillows, make a partition down the center of the bed. I know this sounds really off the wall but, I read where someone did this and it worked out great. :D

maybe that was the equivalent of "making him sleep on the sofa"?

For example, on my upcoming Pearl cruise, I could upgrade right now from our mini to an AE (if there were just 2 of us) for about $250 per person...very reasonable in my opinion for the extra perks received. But since there are 3 of us, we can't book that level (or the next two), we have to book an AB which would mean an increase of over $1500 per person. Completely out of our price range. :(

CG

That is an outrageous difference! I am surprised they don't design the cabins to be more "convertible" if you know what I mean.

That is an outrageous difference! I am surprised they don't design the cabins to be more "convertible" if you know what I mean.

Yeah it is and what's worse is, I'm sure it is done on purpose by NCL. There's no way that the smaller suites won't accomodate 3 people. Not when you can put up to 4 in some inside and OV cabins. NCL has chosen to not allow more then 2 in those suites to force families to bump up to the more expensive suites if they want the suite life. And that frankly *isses me off....and I've told them so several times. :)

CG

Is it possible they do this so that they can control the number of people who get some of the Suite Life perks (like Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, etc.)? That way they can control the costs of those perks. I don't even know what the suite perks are, so maybe not.

Not defending them, just offering a theory.

It's also possible they want to save them for honeymooners or anniversary-celebrators, so that they get the extra $$$ for the honeymoon or anniversary package?

Never been in a suite, so I have no idea what I'm talking about; just theorizing off the top of my pointy little head (well, actually, it's big and round--I've got a melon-head!).

--Michael

Is it possible they do this so that they can control the number of people who get some of the Suite Life perks (like Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, etc.)? That way they can control the costs of those perks. I don't even know what the suite perks are, so maybe not.

Not defending them, just offering a theory.

It's also possible they want to save them for honeymooners or anniversary-celebrators, so that they get the extra $$$ for the honeymoon or anniversary package?

Never been in a suite, so I have no idea what I'm talking about; just theorizing off the top of my pointy little head (well, actually, it's big and round--I've got a melon-head!).

--Michael

Personally, I think it is narrow thinking (so many things in life are geared toward the couple). But CG's theory of wanting to bump up families is possible as are yours. My problem with all of the theories is that I think you get more business when you can adapt to the most variations in travelers. People buy the anniversary package whether they are couples or not, but they can't change so easily how many people they have or whether they sleep together. :eek: I think it would improve business to be more flexible at all price points. But, I'm no businesswoman, so just my opinion as well.

Couples spend more for themselves, and will spend more for families in a larger cabin, but will not spend as much as they do for couples.....

With families they want a family rate, but as couples they will spend much more. Only a few book adjoining cabins or adjacent cabins.......

Couples spend more for themselves, and will spend more for families in a larger cabin, but will not spend as much as they do for couples.....

With families they want a family rate, but as couples they will spend much more. Only a few book adjoining cabins or adjacent cabins.......

But non-romantic couples spend MORE!

I never thought I'd ask this question since we are typically oceanview cruisers. But we have booked a BA aft for our June cruise and all the discussion of possible upsells has me thinking about whether I would upgrade if given the choice. So, for the first time, I took a close look at the suite descriptions and floor plans and see the beds are described as a Queen. I gather this means my sister and I would not have the option of 2 beds? If so, I guess that would be a dealbreaker for us. :( But saves us some money. :)

Thank you for starting this thread. Have exact same situation BA aft with my sister and have wondered about the possibilities.

Thank you for starting this thread. Have exact same situation BA aft with my sister and have wondered about the possibilities.

It must happen all the time! NCL should take note. When and where do you go?

It must happen all the time! NCL should take note. When and where do you go?

We are going to Bermuda at the end of August. My sister read about the upgrade/upsell fairy (its her first cruise) and started wondering.

The lack of choice in sleeping arrangements in the suites is the only thing I don't like about NCL. Other cruise lines have 2 beds in the suites, or at least some the suites have 2 beds. But they don't have all the wonderful suite "perks" as NCL.

We have been in suites (owner's and penthouse) on the Spirit. They have the separate bedroom. If there is room to have a nightstand on either side of the bed (and they do), then there is room to move one of the nightstands between the beds. It would be tight, but it is already tight in those bedrooms.

When Freestyle 2.0 was first announced, one of the new programs was sleeper sofas in all suites. That was never implemented, and eventually no longer on the list of improvements.

Even if you could prebook a roll-away, and be guaranteed it would be available, it would help.

Freestyle should extend to sleeping arrangements, too.

Marilyn

Archived