Any review for resent Valor cruise

kmbic

We just got home from our Valor cruise on the 19th. I am still trying to get my "land legs" back. HA! I haven't had the time to write a review yet, but will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Here is a little:

We flew down the day before and stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami which was beautiful. We went down to Bayside Marketplace for lunch and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. Very good. Went back to hotel to swim and of course right when we got out there it started to rain a bit. There was an enclosed air conditioned area by the pool so we sat in there while the kids swam in the rain and watched the ships that would be sailing out on Saturday. I felt bad for Saturday's sailaway since by the time the ships were leaving it was pouring rain and foggy. Of course we hoped for better weather for Sunday. We went back to Bayside at night and had some dinner at Hooters. It was okay. Our wings were soaked in lard. HA!

Woke up early on Sunday and we were picked up at 9:45 to head to the POM. Others told us to leave later but we figured, lets get there early and wait before rather then getting there later and having hundreds of people in front of us. We pulled up and a porter took our bads, gave him a nice tip and headed inside. It literally took us 10 minutes tops to check in. When we got to the holding area I would say there was only around 50 people or so there. There were not lines at that time. We just sat around and waited. More people started to show up and Carnival started playing games with the kids 12 and under since it was easter. It was cute. The also started a conga line which we did not participate in. Hint: if they start one while you are waiting have someone in your party join in....you will get VIP boarding if you do. (We found this out after the conga dance was over) then the last game played was looking under your seat for a VIP boarding pass...guess what? I had one. So we were able to get on the ship early as well. I would say by the time got our VIP pass and was on the ship it was 5 minutes. We were on I think by 11:40. We found our way up to the Lido deck and found a table for lunch. The weather was perfect. By 1:30 we were able to go to our cabins....our luggage had already started to arrive which was great. We were all unpacked before 3. Muster drill went smoothly but my husband and my friends husband were missing. They were at a bar. So we took our children and headed there without them. They did make it eventually. Muster took about 20 minutes. By the time we headed back to our cabins, the ships was starting to pull out. Sail away is one of my favorites. The weather was perfect.

We were in cabin 7377 which was a great location. We were in the Washington dining room table 307 lower level. We had the best cabin steward, waiter and bus person. All was great for us in these areas. The food in the dining room was delicious. No complaints. Our cabin was always cleaned and our steward gave us extra towels daily without me even having to ask.

The food on the lido deck was great. I love the burgers and the chicken fingers were good as well as the fries. they have nachos and cheese now with chili and salsa that you can add. Very good. I tried the deli once and was happy with my sandwich. My friend and son liked the fish and chips. I always meant to try it, but the burgers were always calling my name. HA! We ate breakfast everyday at Rosies. I love having so many choices and I love the danish and croissants. They are my favorite. Service was great everywhere and the waiters I didn't think were too pushy trying to get you to buy drinks. The shows that we saw were good. There was a couple we didn't like. They involved a comedian and a doll.

We had perfect weather all week. Loved the ports and our favorite I think was Roatan (went to Tabyana beach, beautiful which we were there longer) the cozumel was our next favorite. We did the stingray city tour which was fun and thankfully the waters were pretty calm that day.

Overall the seas were calm the whole week. It was a great cruise. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I will answer that I can.

We just got home from our Valor cruise on the 19th. I am still trying to get my "land legs" back. HA! I haven't had the time to write a review yet, but will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Here is a little:

We flew down the day before and stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami which was beautiful. We went down to Bayside Marketplace for lunch and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. Very good. Went back to hotel to swim and of course right when we got out there it started to rain a bit. There was an enclosed air conditioned area by the pool so we sat in there while the kids swam in the rain and watched the ships that would be sailing out on Saturday. I felt bad for Saturday's sailaway since by the time the ships were leaving it was pouring rain and foggy. Of course we hoped for better weather for Sunday. We went back to Bayside at night and had some dinner at Hooters. It was okay. Our wings were soaked in lard. HA!

Woke up early on Sunday and we were picked up at 9:45 to head to the POM. Others told us to leave later but we figured, lets get there early and wait before rather then getting there later and having hundreds of people in front of us. We pulled up and a porter took our bads, gave him a nice tip and headed inside. It literally took us 10 minutes tops to check in. When we got to the holding area I would say there was only around 50 people or so there. There were not lines at that time. We just sat around and waited. More people started to show up and Carnival started playing games with the kids 12 and under since it was easter. It was cute. The also started a conga line which we did not participate in. Hint: if they start one while you are waiting have someone in your party join in....you will get VIP boarding if you do. (We found this out after the conga dance was over) then the last game played was looking under your seat for a VIP boarding pass...guess what? I had one. So we were able to get on the ship early as well. I would say by the time got our VIP pass and was on the ship it was 5 minutes. We were on I think by 11:40. We found our way up to the Lido deck and found a table for lunch. The weather was perfect. By 1:30 we were able to go to our cabins....our luggage had already started to arrive which was great. We were all unpacked before 3. Muster drill went smoothly but my husband and my friends husband were missing. They were at a bar. So we took our children and headed there without them. They did make it eventually. Muster took about 20 minutes. By the time we headed back to our cabins, the ships was starting to pull out. Sail away is one of my favorites. The weather was perfect.

We were in cabin 7377 which was a great location. We were in the Washington dining room table 307 lower level. We had the best cabin steward, waiter and bus person. All was great for us in these areas. The food in the dining room was delicious. No complaints. Our cabin was always cleaned and our steward gave us extra towels daily without me even having to ask.

The food on the lido deck was great. I love the burgers and the chicken fingers were good as well as the fries. they have nachos and cheese now with chili and salsa that you can add. Very good. I tried the deli once and was happy with my sandwich. My friend and son liked the fish and chips. I always meant to try it, but the burgers were always calling my name. HA! We ate breakfast everyday at Rosies. I love having so many choices and I love the danish and croissants. They are my favorite. Service was great everywhere and the waiters I didn't think were too pushy trying to get you to buy drinks. The shows that we saw were good. There was a couple we didn't like. They involved a comedian and a doll.

We had perfect weather all week. Loved the ports and our favorite I think was Roatan (went to Tabyana beach, beautiful which we were there longer) the cozumel was our next favorite. We did the stingray city tour which was fun and thankfully the waters were pretty calm that day.

Overall the seas were calm the whole week. It was a great cruise. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I will answer that I can.

Please tell us how you got to Tabyana Beach in Roatan.

Did you feel safe?

Were you troubled by vendors on the beach?

Was there a bathroom, bar, snack shop on the beach?

Thanks

I sailed on the Valor in March and had a wonderful time! I am happy to answer any questions you have. We stayed in an inside cabin 6455 on the Upper deck.

LizzieTrowbridge: What did you do at each port and would you recommend your excursions/activities?

Thanks!

Our itinerary was Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. the onloy tour we booked through carnival was in Belize.

In Costa Maya we went to see the Chochoben Mayan ruins. We used The Native Choice to book this trip thenativechoice.com. Our tour guide was Ivan and he was fantastic. If you are interested in seeing Mayan ruins, I recommend this tour-they were very knowledgeable as Ivan grew up on the ruins site so this is his home. After the tour, which was about an hour drive from the ship, we went to the small fishing town of Mahahual, where we had a delicious lunch on the beach-beautiful water, cold beers, and sunshine-can't beat it! This beach was only a short cab ride from the ship. We headed back to the ship with time to spare and enjoyed the pool there near the dock.

In Belize we did the Goff's Cay snorkel adventure through carnival. You leave right from the ship without out having to go to Shore, which was very nice since the morning tender lines were large. Goff's cay was about 20+ minutes away by boat-abeautiful little postage stamp of an island. They take you snorkeling and you can also enjoy hanging out on the beach. there is a small snack bar and some people selling jewelry, but it is really undeveloped. This tour was 31/2 hours and we were back on the ship for lunch and a shower. Then we took the tender to Shore to explore the port in Belize. there were some places to shop, and several bars-really not a lot. this is a port where you definatey want to book an excursion. If you like to snorkel, Goff's Cay was great! There are also ziplining and cave tubbing tours in Belize, which folks love, but our group was not interested.

Cozumel was our favorite port. We went to Nachi Cocom beach club-an all inclusive club. They charge $49 per adult and much less for children (I think our nine year old was only $12) this price includes all you can eat and drink, a beautiful clean and empty beach, a fresh water pool with a swim up bar, and love;y hammocks in the shade. For an additional cost you can try various water sports, massages, and snorkel trips, none of which we did. This beach club limits the number of people, unlike the other beaches in Cozumel which can get very crowded. If you are looking for peace and quiet, and beautiful bach, and deliscious food-this is the place! You need to make reservations in advance through http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ and it is called "nachi cocom beach break" If you are looking to socialize, do lots of activities, and love a crowd-this is not the place for you.

In Grand Caymen we took a cab to 7 mile beach. We went to the second cab stop, which was Seagrape beach and the public beach. After being at nachi Cocom in Cozumel, we were disapointed in these beaches. they were very thin (not much sand between the ocean and the paved road, and there was garbage and cigarette butts all over. I have a feeling that the place to go is the first cab stop which is Royal Palms beach. I think some of the nicest mst secluded beaches there are the best,like Rum Point or Kayman Cai, but our time was limited there so we stuck with 7 mile beach. Another bummer was the food and drinks were way over priced! $10 for a hot dog. 7 mile beach was nice and we had fun, but it did not compare with our day in Cozumel.

Any other questions? happy to answer them!

Please tell us how you got to Tabyana Beach in Roatan.

Did you feel safe?

Were you troubled by vendors on the beach?

Was there a bathroom, bar, snack shop on the beach?

Thanks

We were with Morcruisin4Fun (yes, it was my husband who was missing with her husband;)). We booked the excursion for Tabyana through Carnival. We got right off the ship and walked to a waiting 10 passenger van. The driver wasn't chatty but we felt safe although some of the roads were pretty curvy and steep. The only vendor I saw on the beach was selling a palm hat. And he was no bother at all. There was a bar, bathroom, snack bar, gift shop--whatever you wanted was there. It was truly the most beautiful beach I've been to. You could leave whenever you wanted as there were several vans and school buses waiting at the entrance. Be sure to bring your bug spray though--there are sand fleas on the beach but we were not bothered thanks to DEET! Oh, and just down the beach there were a few "booths" set up with various items for sale. They had some pretty jewelry and crafts.

We were not bothered by vendors at all. There we tables down the beach with some jewelry and wood carved items. I picked up a few things and since my son wanted to collect Honduras money, the vendor was more then happy to give us our change in his own money. The beach is beautiful and worth going to. There was banana boat rides and I believe parasailing also. You could even get a massage on the beach. When we arrived, we wanted chairs in the shade since it was so hot, there was a man who helped us place 12 chairs under the shady trees. Everyone there was very nice and we felt safe the whole day.

Archived