Balcony suites at rear of Carnival Triumph

jdk944

we just returned from Triumph April 12- 19 ... we had 8434

It is a stunning view with the wake and you can see both sides - the seas were so smooth that week except for 1 night - only noise is the ripple of the wake... engine is very quiet -

The balcony is very hot during the day - no breeze back there and no privacy - everyone is a big community back there as there is only 4 rooms across plus the 2 wraps....

We were upgraded from a 8c balcony to the aft balcony no charge so thought we would give it a try....

Our opinion is we would not pay extra for it - a balcony would have been just fine ....

Some cruisers just LOVE it >...

Only OK for us

Just a clarification.....8430 on Triumph is not a suite.

It is an extended balcony cabin.

Just don't want you to be disappointed if you expected a bigger cabin, tub with jets, priority embark, etc.

As far as the motion, it depends on the seas. I love it back there, especially when there is motion.

I've never felt all that much movement. If anything, just a gentle sway.

Has anyone had experience with the Balcony Suites located at the very back of the ship on the Triumph, like room 8430, with regards to 'ship motion'?

Thanks.

John

That is my very favorite spot on the ship! :D But they sell out quickly. We sleep with our door open at night so I can be lulled into blissful sleep by the motion and the sound of the ocean! Love it! Although it is hot during the day, that is the only con I can think of everything else is por. Congratulations and happy crusing!

Luv's Crusin'

Has anyone had experience with the Balcony Suites located at the very back of the ship on the Triumph, like room 8430, with regards to 'ship motion'?

Thanks.

John

I haven't been YET but will be in june :) We have 8435 heading to canada. These rooms aren't suites but the 2 room #'s that are mentioned (8430 and 8435) have extended AND extra wide balconies. Carnival reps will tell you the crap that all 8g's are the same blah blah. I found a picture I took of the rear of the victory (sister ship) that says otherwise. I know I can't wait to see just how big the balcony is after seeing the picture! Now if I can figure out how to post it I will so you can see what I mean.

When you say no priviacy, what do you mean? Are there no partitions between the balcony of each cabin? I am having a hard time picturing it.

From all of the pictures I have seen and seeing it for myself on aft of the victory There is a lack of privacy to an extent. The dividers between balconies are slanted at an angle so you could see your neighbors when standing at the railing. Also, the back of the ship is tapered with a slope. If you think of how a movie theatre seats are it's similar (in my opinion). I know you can see the balconies on decks below you BUT you can't see the whole thing. My best guess is this.... you see the extended part only on decks below you. Also, someone posted in here that people on the far aft deck like the one above sirens pool on victory can see you also. Again I think that's just the "extended" part of it. Now I could be wrong but that's what I have observed from the research I have done.

From all of the pictures I have seen and seeing it for myself on aft of the victory There is a lack of privacy to an extent. The dividers between balconies are slanted at an angle so you could see your neighbors when standing at the railing. Also, the back of the ship is tapered with a slope. If you think of how a movie theatre seats are it's similar (in my opinion). I know you can see the balconies on decks below you BUT you can't see the whole thing. My best guess is this.... you see the extended part only on decks below you. Also, someone posted in here that people on the far aft deck like the one above sirens pool on victory can see you also. Again I think that's just the "extended" part of it. Now I could be wrong but that's what I have observed from the research I have done.

Your impression is correct bbigfoot. While on the aft wrap balcony if you stand toward the wall of the ship, you cannot be seen from above. If you stand at the balcony rail, people on decks above you can see you. Unless you are going to be doing something really private, it isn't a big deal. (figure that you're in a public area even though you are on your balcony--many ship areas are under security surveillance anyway!) We spent much of our Christmas week cruise on that Triumph aft wrap balcony and loved it.

We did not notice any unusual motion from our aft wrap balcony cabin on Triumph. Like always, motion depends on sea conditions. We enjoyed the aft wrap cabin and I would recommend it to anyone who really values their balcony. The view from the side and rear of the ship is awesome. We even saw a double rainbow over the water while on our Triumph aft wrap balcony!

which cabin did u have. we have 8433 booked. seems that the cabin may be a bit smaller than nornal but it was the only aft wrap left

We had cabin 8433 on Triumph in December of 2007. We LOVED it. We spent a lot of time on that aft wrap balcony. The cabin was a nice size, but since I have not seen other aft wrap balcony cabins on this ship, I can't compare.

When you say no priviacy, what do you mean? Are there no partitions between the balcony of each cabin? I am having a hard time picturing it.

No privacy from above, and the partitions are angled to match the rake of the stern.

Archived