Cabo,Maz,Pv, best port for beach??

gambler

If we want to pick one day for a total beach day, what would be the best port and where? Please share your experiences in these ports and any other good info. We are basically looking for good beaches, good lunches and a little bit of city site seeing and shopping. Thanks

i agree , i think mazatlan is good to go to stone island alot to do there, i heard, never been ,but read about it, i heard you can get a ferry over there, for like 1$ or something,

in cabo theres a lot to do, you can take a water taxi to the arches, then stop at lovers beach, or go to medano beach where theres resturants, jet skiing, parasailing, etc....

in puerto vallarta theres way too much to do besides beaching it, i would do something different there like zipling, or the dolphin encounter, we just did that 2 weeks ago, amazing

Here is a copy set of posts we have done to describe each port

In Cabo, it's mostly about the beach, the world class resorts, and the boat tours. There is also a very nice marina boardwalk starting from the tender pier for some shopping and marina views.

Resorts

Cabo5.jpg

boat tours

IMAG0038-1.jpg

Medano Beach

IMG_5347-1.jpg

Lovers Beach

IMG_7230.jpg

Marina Boardwalk

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

In Mazatlan the cruise pier is in an industrial shipyard. Once out, it is mostly about Stone Island beach, the expensive jewelry in the golden zone shopping district, day use at the older El Cid resort, touring around in an open air fiberglass taxi, and fresh seafood.

The Industrial port with the time share sales folks

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

The El Cid Resort

IMG_1441-1.jpg

Stone Island Beach

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

Fresh Seafood

IMG_8000.jpg

Puerto Vallarta is a large older classy tourist city with hillside views. The primary attractions seem to be the zip lines in the jungle, the beaches, the nice resorts, good food, the old downtown Malacon shopping area, and the views.

The views

IMG_1319-2.jpg

Zip lines in the Jungle

IMG_5294.jpg

Nice resorts

IMG_9652.jpg

CIMG2362-1.jpg

Los Muertos Beach

IMG_5311.jpg

The old downtown Malacon area

IMG_1448-2.jpg

We did Stone Island in November and had a great time. The area is sort of a cove so it's protected some from the wind. Water was very calm when we were there, while cabo's beaches are open to the ocean. The water was rough when we were there.

Here's a link to a review I did on Stone Island. Hope it helps:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/travel/article983033.ece

Archived