Emerald Deck on Island Princess

sloney

Hello Cruisers,

When I look at the deck plans for the Emerald deck it looks like the cabins aft have bigger balconies than the forward cabins.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Susan

Hello Cruisers,

When I look at the deck plans for the Emerald deck it looks like the cabins aft have bigger balconies than the forward cabins.

Susan

We had a forward balcony cabin on the Coral (sister ship) and it was the same size as those on Baja and Aloha. I think that the only larger balconies are on Caribe.

We just got off and we were in Emerald 708. All balconies are the same on this deck. You are also a LONG walk from the food!

We just got off the same cruise as you----probably passed you in the hall E622). Might be a long walk to the food----but it was only a short walk to the lounges!:D

Guest arowe6
Hello Cruisers,

Susan

We had E736 on the Island and it was a bit bigger. The back curved around a bit giving us a tiny view of the wake. That curve is what made our bigger. Not sure if others are of comparable size or not.

Biggest problem we had with the Emerald deck is that if we wanted to walk forward to get to the atrium we had to cut through the card room or library. We found this to be a huge design flaw. The only other option was to go up or down a flight and then walk forward. A bit bizarre..........

-Andrew:)

Biggest problem we had with the Emerald deck is that if we wanted to walk forward to get to the atrium we had to cut through the card room or library.

-Andrew:)

Interesting. We loved having the library so close. Gave a nice place to stop and very convenient for spending a few hours near the cabin.

I will say though, I agree that sometimes it was a problem only having a thruway through them. They had some sort of "Travel University" using the the cardroom for lectures on our cruise and it closed off the cardroom and the passageway there completely, forcing all foot traffic through the library. That was poor planning as well as a design flaw.

Archived