Wish me luck traveling alone first time in years

Arwenmark

So this is somewhat off topic as it is not cruise related, but I am flying from LAX back to BOS tonight to see my grandaugher and my brand new grandson, and this is the first time I have traveled unaccompanied since I have been in the wheelchair.

It is hard enough, when traveling with my AB husband, but at least I know the ropes and have SOMEone I can depend on.

This time while I asked for WC assistance in the form of a pusher, WHo knows what will happen when I go to do my curbside check in, and if for any reason I can't do curb side I am really screwed.

I have had WC people show up, see I had my own chair and disappear in a flash before. I am hoping this doesn't happen.

Once I make it through security and to the gate I should be ok to get to restroom shops etc. under my own arm power, but I cannot make it through the terminal that way period.

My flight does not leave till 11 pm and I hope all the WC assistants have not left by then as I will still need someone to take me down the gangway when the time comes.

Hope things work out on the other end as well, and I can make it to baggage claim at least and that SOMEONE will take the large suitcase off the carosell once I get there. My son is going to be coming in to pick me up, God Willing. I hope he can find me the parking garages and terminals at Logan are a real pain.

Anyway I will be gone a week wish me luck going and coming see you all later I HOPE!

Good luck. If you smile pleasantly, expect delays, and wait patiently by the check-in and check-out counters, not letting any airline staff leave until someone has come to push you, you should be fine. I've even had the pilot of the plane I've jsut left push me down to the baggage area and retrieve my luggage for me. So be patient, persistent, and pleasant...and you should be fine.

LOL, I know you all don't think I CAN be pleasant but I really can, REALLY!

I for one never said you couldn't be pleasant. It's just that -- in order to get attention, you need to be overly pleasant, persistent, patient, ask for assistance...and ask again..and ask as pleasantly as possible, even if you're gritting your teeth.

Well folks I made it out here to NH, and having nice visit with the grandchildren. So now I just have the trip back to worry about. which will be next Saturday.

Still hoping I didn't catch Swine Flu flying from LA I did notice people coughing on the plane.

Archived