Mercury Royal Suite for 3 adults

Lainey Elizabeth

We are going to Alaska in June 2005 on the Mercury and are going back and forth between two oceanview cabins and a royal suite for 3 adults. The Royal suite is a couple hundred dollars more per person, but that isn't really a deciding factor. Our only other cruise was on the Carnival Pride, and although we didn't use the balcony alot we enjoyed having it. On the other hand we are a little concerned about the Royal Suite having only one bathroom. Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks!:)

The bathroom is ENORMOUS. It has 2 sinks, a tub, a separate shower, AND a separate toilet stall, with a door. So 2 people could be using the sinks while a third takes a shower, or uses the toilet. Plus, in the bedroom there's a dressing room with a vanity (lighted mirror).

The Royal Suite is the size of 3 standard cabins. Unless you really, really want total privacy, I think it would be the better choice. :)

I posted this reply to your question over in the cabin-selection board, but I'm going to re-post it here, because this is where you'll find all the people who know Celebrity inside and out, and can give you further details and opinions...

This is for three adults? Personally, I would choose the Royal Suite in a heartbeat over two ocean-views. You will experience a huge difference in the luxury factor in a suite. Here's what you get with a Royal Suite:

"Royal Suite

Deck: Penthouse

Royal Suites RS feature a separate bedroom with two lower beds that convert to one queen-sized bed, 22-inch interactive TV, private veranda, living room with 29-inch interactive TV with VCR, audio system, CD player and tape deck, individually controlled lighting system, private bathroom with tub and shower, 100% Egyptian cotton towels, complimentary use of Frette bathrobes, minibar, direct-dial telephone and voicemail, thermostat-controlled air-conditioning, individual safe, hairdryer, and 24-hour room service. Celebrity's Suite Indulgences include welcome champagne, priority embarkation/disembarkation, personalized stationery, express luggage delivery, dining room seating preference, private portrait seating, opportunity to book in-suite massage, complimentary use of Thalassotherapy pool, 100% Egyptian cotton oversized bath towels, duvet with cover, and a Celebrity tote bag. Celebrity's Butler Service includes assistance with unpacking/packing, in-suite lunch and dinner service, full breakfast, daily evening hors d'oeuvres, in-suite afternoon tea service, complimentary espresso and cappuccino, daily news delivery, shoeshine service, and delivery of board games upon request. Approximately 537-sq.-ft. suite and 94-sq.-ft. veranda."

Here's what you get with even the largest oceanview cabin:

"Family Oceanview Stateroom FO feature two lower beds that convert to one queen-sized bed, panoramic window, sitting area, private bathroom with shower, 100% Egyptian cotton towels, complimentary use of bathrobes, minibar, 20-inch interactive TV, VCR, direct-dial telephone and voicemail, thermostat-controlled air-conditioning, individual safe, hairdryer, and 24-hour room service. Approximately 210-sq.-ft. stateroom."

The butler service itself is easily worth the price difference! For the level of luxury you'll get in the Royal Suite, I would think having 3 people share the bathroom is a trivial inconvenience.

Have a great cruise -- I did Mercury to Alaska last year, and loved it. If ONLY I could have been in a Royal Suite!

LeeAnne

Another question on the RS

We usually bring on board with us a bottle of champagne for sailaway...Yes we carry it on in full sight, and have never been questioned!

Anyway, I read that a perk of the RS. is champagne in room. Is this in your room when you arrvie, thus I would not need to buy and lug a bottle in a carry on.

We've had RS on Mercury and others. If you want a suite that gives you all the perks..... then book it. We've had Rs on the M class and on the c

Class. It all depends on what you are looking for.... if you want the top of luxury, book a RS or a PS. If you just want the usual perks, .... book the SS.

Lainey ~

I have also sailed on the Mercury in a RS. That bottle will be in your room when you arrive.

You will have privacy in the bedroom...as there are actual doors that close.

If money is not the issue...as you say: Definetely book the RS.

Have fun!

We had Royal Suite 1054 on Mercury in February for a 8 day cruise. It is definately large enough for three adults - although one will be sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room. The dining area seats four.

I agree that the bathroom is very large with two sinks, a separate shower stall, separate toilet, and a jacuzzi tub. Because of the vanity at the end of the large walk in closet, three adults [assuming that at least one is female] should be able to effeciently get ready for the day.

Yes Smoothdancer, a full bottle of champagne will be awaiting you when you arrrive at your Royal Suite plus flowers. [This did not happen when we arrived at our Royal Suite on Century in May, and we had to ask the butler for them.]

Be careful which Royal Suite you select. We had noise complaints about 1054 on Mercury, because right above us was the hamburger, hot dog and pizza stand. Apparently they worked up there at night - cleaning, and it sounded like they were rolling bowling balls. We had 1029 on Century on the port side and it was very quiet. In February, we have 1028 on Century because it is on the starboard side and from the veranda you can see the arrivals and departures - it seems to always dock with the starboard side to the pier - the same as on Mercury.

Archived