Hot Holiday Deals

stopgo

So with the economy the way its I thought it would be a good idea for a thread about about the latest deals on the high street. Today two seperate high street T/A were advertising Arcadia cruises to the Fjords. The first was sailing 16th July 09, 15, nights at £1,116, the second again Arcadia, had 7 nights sailing Fjords 23, May 2010 at £679. Sorry but can't remember if any or what OBC was included.

So with the economy the way its I thought it would be a good idea for a thread about about the latest deals on the high street. Today two seperate high street T/A were advertising Arcadia cruises to the Fjords. The first was sailing 16th July 09, 15, nights at £1,116, the second again Arcadia, had 7 nights sailing Fjords 23, May 2010 at £679. Sorry but can't remember if any or what OBC was included.

well the 15n one would include Iceland as well...

the 2nd one seems good £679 for 7n (if i see less than £100pp per night I'm interested)

But thats inside cabin I presume, and I travel balcony minimum LOL doing the fjords in late August and am looking forward to the scenery passing my balcony window!

well the 15n one would include Iceland as well...

the 2nd one seems good £679 for 7n (if i see less than £100pp per night I'm interested)

But thats inside cabin I presume, and I travel balcony minimum LOL doing the fjords in late August and am looking forward to the scenery passing my balcony window!

These two Cruises were advertised on the windows of High Street T/A, so yes they will be the lowest priced cabin which will be inside. This thread is for exactly that anybody wanting to get away for the lowest price on a P/O Cruise. If your not bothered about a balcony or want to reduce the cost of a Cruise, then this is the way to do it. Unfortunately not everybody can travel Balcony Class, with the majority of people working to a budget.

I didn't give the names of the T/A because I wasn't sure if advertising was against the C/C rules, perhaps somebody can put me right about that.

I didn't give the names of the T/A because I wasn't sure if advertising was against the C/C rules, perhaps somebody can put me right about that.

"There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted."

There's a good deal through an internet T/A, a 7 night Spring Getaway on the Oceana leaving 30th May for £589pp inc £100 pc spending money, only thing is you have to book by Friday.

On L/L rule about being interested if its less than £100 p/p per night, is it possible Sue to get an Outside Cabin for that price through a T/A not including free upgrades.

I would go on this one, email rec/d today from my TA, if I wasn't already sailing out on the 23rd May on Oriana...

Independence Quickie Bargain

Fantastic chance to try the greatest cruise ship to sail from Southampton in 2009 as well as having a bank holiday break

Independence of the Seas – 23rd May 2009Cork Short Cruise – 4nts

Southampton, Cobh (overnight), Southampton

Outside from £359pp

Balcony from £375pp

(for that little bit extra you may has well have a balcony!)

This offer is for new bookings only and cabin numbers cannot be allocated at time of booking.

I would go on this one, email rec/d today from my TA, if I wasn't already sailing out on the 23rd May on Oriana...

Fantastic chance to try the greatest cruise ship to sail from Southampton in 2009 as well as having a bank holiday break

Outside from £359pp

Balcony from £375pp

This offer is for new bookings only and cabin numbers cannot be allocated at time of booking.

Great find, I have only looked for P/O deals with it being a P/O M/B, I wonder how much the saving is over the normal price ? Cork is really nice and the home to the famous Ballymaloe Cookery Shool. The price also comes under your £100 pp per night rule, sounds like your T/A is always sending you bumph in the post.

I got what I think is a great deal, directly with P & O last week. Sailing E921, on the Oceana 22nd August 7 nights. With my husbands job we are confined to school holidays. That plus family wedding and an 80th Birthday really limited our choices.

My father had had a Portunus promotion through for this cruise about a month ago, so I knew it was discounted, at that time when I telephoned for a price, non portunus, in an inside was £689pp. Last week I booked an OF guarantee for £509pp. Have now received cabin allocation and we have an OB in a great location.

This will be our first P & O cruise and we are looking forward to it.

Brilliant deal Pink-belle that's what I was hopeing for with this thread. £509pp is a great deal and comes well under the LibraLass rule of £100pp per night. It just shows there are great deals to be had, and you don't have to book 2 years in advance to get them.

Glad to help, hope someone else gets a great bargain, comes under the £100 a night, but its just an inside no balcony.

I am holding out for another bargain on the Ventura weekender that leaves on August 30th. Yesterday price for an inside was £299, balcony £399. If anyone sees something please post :)

Ventura weekender? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not too keen, I sense. I reckon out of school holidays it might be worth a look but with a different less formal approach (I love formality and sail Cunard often). My wife likes instant mashed potato which appals me but she says "don't think of it as mash, but rather potato flavoured gloop and it is ok". Maybe the same approach is needed to Ventura - I am not really convinced but have an open mind and have read some reassuring reviews of the gloop approach.

not too keen, i sense. I reckon out of school holidays it might be worth a look but with a different less formal approach (i love formality and sail cunard often). My wife likes instant mashed potato which appals me but she says "don't think of it as mash, but rather potato flavoured gloop and it is ok". Maybe the same approach is needed to ventura - i am not really convinced but have an open mind and have read some reassuring reviews of the gloop approach.

lol!

:d

So Gloop is something I have too look forward to on P & O :eek::).

I have sailed Crown and Emerald Princess, which I loved. Plus did a day visit to Ventura. I want to see if it really is "that" bad :rolleyes:

The main reason for thinking about it is Oceana is just for 7 days, disembark for Dh's granny 80th Party in Bournemouth on the 29th. Then back on board a ship on the 30th, which is my birthday.

Prices have dropped on the website to £284 for an inside, so am sure they will be cheaper by phone going on my past experiences, I am holding out for a better price than that.

There is nothing wrong with the Ventura it has a lot more positive reviews than negative. Its only a weekender so at that price you have nothing to lose

Can I just remind Gerry this is a thread for posting Cruise Deals not for criticiseing Ships or posters choice of Cruise Ship. May I also remind him if he wants to criticise the Ventura the Ventura Bashing thread is available for that.

Outside from £359pp

Balcony from £375pp

Hi, I'm booked on this cruise, what a great offer can you tell me which T/A this is? or a phone number if that is allowed.

Archived