Would you? (cabin offer)......

pandi77

For those of you who have stayed in an AB, I have a question. Do you have to walk through the master bedroom to get to the master bath? I'm just wondering if DH is still sleeping, and I want to be showering and getting ready for the day, will I disturb him by going back & forth between the living room area and the bath. Thanks!

The master bedroom has a heavy curtain that divides it from the master bath. In my opinion, you would not disturb him much... maybe with a hairdryer. The bathroom is huge and wonderful. You can walk between the living area and masterbath without going thru the bedroom.

To the OP, I would take an AB over an AE without a doubt. The view of the wake is not a big deal for me, the bathroom and huge space of the AB compared to the AE, and the division of living & dining room separate from the master bedroom is just awesome. The AE is one big room with bed, dining table, couch etc. all together. The bathroom is a standard bath in the AE.

We are onthe Gem,

It seems from some thread searches i've read some osters that believe unless you are getting an upgrade to the courtyard or the owner's suite with 2 balconies to just stay put.

What do you think?

Thanks

you have looked at the AB right ?

If no , take a look it may help you decide.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

I agree with the AB location issue. All Gem AB's are on deck 11 which is right under all the restaurants and the gym on deck 12.

The other "big" things with an AB is the second bedroom but obviously if you are in an AE then you are only 2 people and don't need another bedroom. I am not sure you would find an AB all that larger since it can accomodate up to 5 people - i.e. the extra space goes into the bedrooms.

I would stick with the beautiful view of the AE and not risk being moved to whatever AB, risking getting the one right under the weight room!!! :o

Okay,

So after some deliberating and negotiating i'm feeling pretty good about our decision. I called NCL and they helped out tremendously. We had 3 things we were considering..

-I wanted to keep my onboard credit-got a supervisor to arrange that...Yippee!

-We wanted the room under the library (very quiet AB location) -no problem

-And lastly since we are getting a weekly spa pass it looks like from our room it's a quick walk up a flight of stairs and stone beds here we come!

So we're very excited and although the balcony is smaller it looks like we can still fit our two loungers out there with a table so that's a plus. I am curious what the view is like from the balcony -if you can see forward at all?

Thanks for eveyone's advice!

Okay,

So after some deliberating and negotiating i'm feeling pretty good about our decision. I called NCL and they helped out tremendously. We had 3 things we were considering..

-I wanted to keep my onboard credit-got a supervisor to arrange that...Yippee!

-We wanted the room under the library (very quiet AB location) -no problem

-And lastly since we are getting a weekly spa pass it looks like from our room it's a quick walk up a flight of stairs and stone beds here we come!

So we're very excited and although the balcony is smaller it looks like we can still fit our two loungers out there with a table so that's a plus. I am curious what the view is like from the balcony -if you can see forward at all?

Thanks for eveyone's advice!

You can see forward if you lean you head over the railing and look forward.

The table on the balcony is little.

We have an AD booked and reading this thread I was thinking 'no way' would I move to AB... but that bathroom!! I can just see sitting in that tub during our trip to Alaska. But I think DH would be very disappointed in the balcony not facing aft. Too bad they don't have the AB's aft. What a hard decision to make - luckily I am not facing it yet.

Archived