What did you do in these ports.......

sas80

P.S.- regarding Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios...I personally don't think there's much to see at Dunn's River Falls with kids...there's a small beach at the bottom of the Falls, and there's a really long stairway next to the Falls (although my idea of a fun time for parents NOR kids would be climbing a huge staircase with a baby "onboard") but the vendor area is crazy I've heard (when we went, I took the advice of the people over on the POC boards and went back out the way we came in and avoided the entire mess, LOL).

How funny!! I have a couple of work friends that live in Piedmont! We're in Martinez now...we started out in the city, then moved to Walnut Creek, then Martinez. We would LOVE to move in closer to the city, but there's no way we could sell our house right now.

My little guy will be 4 in June. This is his first cruise and our first real vacation since he's been born! I am, er was, on the roll call. I was on there very early, but for some reason I just stopped reading it. I will try to make it back.

In GC, I was thinking either Sea Grape beach or the beach by the Reef Grill. I think they are different. One of the beaches is part of a shore excursion I think, so I was thinking of going to the other one for less crowds. Oh, and one of them has a playground. I found all this info on the GC boards. I did write down everything somewhere...

That's so sweet to invite us with you in Jamaica!! My mom, sister and her boyfriend are also going with us, and I know my husband and my sister are interested in the treetop zip line tour. I am a little nervous about taking my son on a structured tour because I'm afraid he'll decide to be a devil-child and make the tour a not-fun experience. But keep me posted on what you decide to do.

I'm not so much on the roll call either. I drop in from time to time.

I think I am going to try and arrange a 1/2 day tour in Jamaica. Start in the morning and back at the ship by just after noon or so. That way the young ones can take their naps but we can still see some of the island.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Stacey (my name is Stacey also...LOL)...

I'd suggest Chankanaab in Cozumel, a beach day at 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and maybe an all-inclusive in Jamaica (I wouldn't be wandering around as adult there, let alone with little ones). I make those suggestions on what would be the least hassle, the safest and the cleanest options with kids. I have two of my own and do daycare for a living...for me, stress free is the best plan.

JMHO. Hope you have a nice trip!

Hi Stacey!

I just got an email from the people who do the dolpin stuff in conjunction with Chankanaab. They are offering a dolphin encounter, free transportation and entrance to chankanaab for one price (cant remember exactly how much) The beauty is that DS is free for the Dolphins as long as we pay for one adult - so I do think we are going to do this.

Thanks for the reccomendation, I always appreciate input!

and thanks for the well wishes on the trip :)

Stacey

Archived