First Cruise!

When you go to the windjammer instead to eat, do you have to let them know that you are not showing up, or do you just not go, and at some point they will figure that you are not coming? What if we are running 10-15 min behind? is it a big deal to show up a bit late in the DR? Sorry for the dumb questions, I just don't wanna be the well known "new to cruisin!" I have the common sense... but Don't want to upset anyone elses time!

When you go to the windjammer instead to eat, do you have to let them know that you are not showing up, or do you just not go, and at some point they will figure that you are not coming? What if we are running 10-15 min behind? is it a big deal to show up a bit late in the DR? Sorry for the dumb questions, I just don't wanna be the well known "new to cruisin!" I have the common sense... but Don't want to upset anyone elses time!

You don't HAVE to let them know but it would be nice if you do. Also don't forget that the wait staff's salary is calculated based on tips and it would be nice if you could still tip them for the days you miss.

I too would definitely second the My Time Dining! We always do second seating but will definitely be doing My Time on the Oasis in April 2010.

But... you have to go to to the Quest. Can't tell you about it... you have to go! And sit down in the front! :D

---------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

I think it depends on your tablemates (if you have any). They may not like to have to wait as the waiter usually doesn't start taking orders until everyone is there. 10-15 minutes wouldn't bother me. On the other hand I have seen people coming in to the DR 30 and even 60 minutes late and the others are eating or finished eating. I think they should lock the doors after 20 minutes. It's not fair to anyone to be coming in that late. We never told anyone we wouldn't be in the DR any particular night as we never knew until the last minute that we wouldn't be going because we had no plans and that's what worked for us.

Hey Beanie01! When do you go on your next cruise? This is my first one, So I am not sure what to expect! Sounds like it will be a blast! Thanks for the advice! I ended up e-mailing RCI and asking them about the seating, I really want the My Time Dining, but I don't know if it is available on our cruise! Just seems to me that early dining will cut your day shorter, the time it will take me to get ready plus early seating, seems to me like I am cutting out precious vacation time! ;)

I'm with you on the early dining - you have to get ready so early, it cuts your day short. Also, with the later dining, you're not hungry for midnight snacks if you stay up for the night life. My Time Dining is best. I prefer the main dining room over the buffet for dinner. It's nice to dress and to be waited on hand and foot. And before dinner, you can roam around looking at the day's photographs, or have a cocktail. I was on a 5-day Carnival last May, which was my first cruise, and I was bitten by the cruise bug. Now I'm going on Liberty of the Seas (which won't even compare with the smaller, older ship I was on) for a 7-day October 10th. The first day by the pool is a lot of fun - all the usual silly games and music. I don't know how old or active you are, but on this ship, I'm planning to climb the rock wall and try boogie boarding on Flowrider. The gym is also nice, with ocean views all around. I'm glad we have 3 sea days! Then at night, after dinner, you can watch the show, then go bar hopping! The ports are fun, too. I went horse back riding in Cozumel, and we just roamed around window shopping in Grand Cayman.

Hi Everyone! :)I am leaving on my first cruise on May 23:cool:... I will be on Liberty of the Seas going to San Juan, St. Marteen, and Labadee... as far as excursions, we were thinking of doing Dragon's Breath Zip line:eek: in labandee and snorkling on St. Marteens. Any feed back on these, or another suggestion? Also, Any tips from experience would be great! I have spend 3 hours looking at different threads and got some ideas, but any experienced cruiser always has new tips to share! Especially concerning the specific cruise I will be on! Thank you all so much!

P.S. I'll be on the same itinerary that you are on. I'll look for your review in the Member Reviews section of Cruise Critic!

P.S. I'll be on the same itinerary that you are on. I'll look for your review in the Member Reviews section of Cruise Critic!

I'm 27 and my BF is 33... We are both very active and love to keep ourselves busy, with some relaxing in the mix too! I will definately let you know how it all goes!

Hopefully I get a e-mail back soon on the My Time Dining, If it is available, I will definately do it! We actually requested a 2 person table so that we can enjoy each other, It is our first cruise and there will be plenty of other oppertunity to meet other people!

Thank you for all the advice everyone! I love CC! Glad I found it!:D

Archived