Adventure Ocean on RCI

Skeetercat

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas next year and my daughters will be in 2 separate age groups. One in the 6 to 8 and one in 9 to 12. My six year old wants to be in the same room as my older daughter (she feels more secure if she is close by and within sight). I know they will be in two different program groups, but I wondered if any one knows if these two groups share the same room/facilities or if they will be in separate rooms?? Has anyone seen the Explorer (or any of the other Voyager class ship) and seen the kids program rooms for these age groups??

Thanks.

We sailed on the Mariner last year - kids loved it. The rooms are close to each other, but not connected. I have heard other people on the boards say that RC has a "one strike" policy, meaning that your child can move up an age group, but if they misbehave once they have to move back to their proper age group. What I do not know is if they will move a 6 year old up to 9-11, since she's at the very bottom of the age range already (6-8). There may be some safety issues. I would contact RC directly and ask.

We sailed on the Mariner last year - kids loved it. The rooms are close to each other, but not connected. I have heard other people on the boards say that RC has a "one strike" policy, meaning that your child can move up an age group, but if they misbehave once they have to move back to their proper age group. What I do not know is if they will move a 6 year old up to 9-11, since she's at the very bottom of the age range already (6-8). There may be some safety issues. I would contact RC directly and ask.

They allowed my 5 yr 10 mo old granddaughter to move to the 6-8 yr group, but she had to try the younger group first (two sessions) and see how she fit in. The 3-5 yr olds were mostly 3 yr old boys and she was allowed to move up to be with her just turned 8 year old sister. I thought it was very fair in that they looked at each child on a case by case basis. Had the younger group had a different dynamic, she would have stayed in the younger group. I think moving a 6 yr old to the 9-12's would be a big jump. I think your 9 yr old might fit better in the younger group if there were lots of 8 year olds. But again, the make up of each group is probably a better indication of what is best.

Archived