Beaches in Zihuatanejo- La Ropa or Los Gatos??

MaiTaiMary

We are looking at Carnival's Mexican Cruise in November and they are planning stops in Aca and Ixtapa/Zihua.

Are you saying this may not happen?

Carnival does not resume its Aca/Zihua/Manz run until October thru the winter. We are on the Spirit in November. So, if I am on it, it will happen:D

This has nothing to do with Carnival they will be going to Acapulco, Manzanillo and Zihuatanejo as always. Be there or be square

As of last year, NCL stopped doing the 8 day cruise that includes Acapulco and Zihua. Now they do the traditional 7 night like everyone else.

NCL also have the 11 night to Mexico from my neck of the woods in San Francisco, but doesn't go as far south as Acapulco, but goes to La Paz instead.

Princess used to do a 11 day cruise to Mexico as well from SF, but not this winter.

Radiance of Seas goes to Zihua & Acapulco, but it's a 10 night trip.

• 4 weeks later...
The way I heard it, this past season, it was a combination of bad PR crime in ACA and the cost of gas to get there. If you don't go all the way to ACA then it made no sense to go as far as Zihuatanejo. The only "regular" stop now (I think) is on NCL's weekly 8 day trip....But I have been known to be wrong once or twice a week and the week has just started.....

We will be on the Radiance in February on the 10 night cruise. I am really looking forward to this port as I believe it will be our relaxing "beach day". I was inclined to go to Las Gatas Beach as we do like to snorkel. If we bring along our own mask and snorkels would there be fins available to rent on the beach? Also, where would the best snorkeling be in relation to the beach?

If we go to Las Gatas via water taxi how hard would it be to go back to La Ropa Beach if we want to try something else? Sorry for all the questions folks, but I am just beginning to research this port and trying to get my bearings.:)

We will be on the Radiance in February on the 10 night cruise. I am really looking forward to this port as I believe it will be our relaxing "beach day". I was inclined to go to Las Gatas Beach as we do like to snorkel. If we bring along our own mask and snorkels would there be fins available to rent on the beach? Also, where would the best snorkeling be in relation to the beach?

If we go to Las Gatas via water taxi how hard would it be to go back to La Ropa Beach if we want to try something else? Sorry for all the questions folks, but I am just beginning to research this port and trying to get my bearings.:)

Yes, you can rent just the fins....the far end of the beach might be best for snorkling...

Pangas go back and forth all day, you might ask if the "captain" will drop you off on La Ropa (drop off is correct, there is no pier) and take a cab back...

Thank you for the response. Is there a pier at Las Gatas Beach? Just wondering if I should just bring the waterproof camera. If they "drop us off" at La Ropa how deep would the water be? Swim in or wade in?

Yes there is a pier at Los Gatos...

Depending on the captain and the surf you'll end up from your knees (if you're lucky) to a little over your waist (and then if a wave catches you, up to your armpits)...It's NOT "a swim in" drop off...

Take a disposable waterproof camera...

Archived