Inspiration Prices for excursions?

js2003

Just returned a week ago from the Inspiration! So sad to be home! Looking into next cruise! Can't be soon enough!

js2003- let me know if you need more info on shore excursions and prices if you don't get them from tmwilliamsnv. Or want any other info- be glad to help out!

Also I think it is a good idea to book with the ship as ship is in port such a short time! And they are still getting their act together in GC! (See my thread posted at Carnival board titled "Shore Excursion Problem" for my adventure and proof that it is a good thing to have the cruise line take care of you! Might have been in a bigger fix with an independant!)

joeb49 - read about your experience...wow! That was a disppointment. I agree with you on booking through the ship especially where its a short stay. The way our luck runs if something is going to go wrong - it will !!! A little insurance of knowing they will not leave us behind or at the very least go a little extra to get you there would be nice. I am really keeping my expectations low as far as how much we get to do...I don't want to have a scheduled itinerary for every minute of the day for the entire trip. If we can do this trip, have fun and NOT end up hospitalized like this past year - it will make my top 10 list of best vacations!

I did get a list of excursion prices...these boards are great when you have questions - everyone comes to your rescue!

Thanks everyone! Sheryl

:confused: I haven't a clue what to expect in GC. Does the ship dock close to the town? Can you walk to some light shopping or dining? Or are you at the mercy of taxis or taking a shore excursion? I don't want anything "sporty" or too intense, just like to get out and stretch my legs a bit. Any advice?

We had very little time to explore town but it looked like there was ALOT of stores with all kinds of goods! (Rum Cakes! Yum) and resturants within walking distance of the port. The ships anchor off the island and you take the tender boat to the port (which IS town!) Since the huricane tore up the island there is much work being done. They have a North and South pier but they only had the South one (I think it was) open. Busy place but fun! On the ship they will give you information about the town and shopping at the shopping talk- and a map to the area.

The short time Inspiration is in port made me decide to do a ships excursion- but as I said- that left VERY little time for shopping and wandering around town! But didn't want to do anything that might make me late for the last tender back to the ship at 1pm!

Have a great trip and a Wonderful Christmas!!! Sue

Archived