Western Med. Excursion Info???

Hi,

Welcome to the boards.

We did our own thing in Villefranche. It's easy to catch a bus to Monaco and extremely cheap (1 or 2 €) or hop on a train. There is an information centre on the pier.

Thre is a ports of call board here where you could request information too:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Have you found your roll call yet?

Does anybody have any advicefor excursions to Sardinia, Villefranche, Genoa or Palma de Mallorca? HELP!!!:o

Another welcome to cruise critic. Check out the ports of call boards as NorbertsNiece says. Invaluable.

We went to Villefrance and toured on our own walking for a couple hours away from the port and into the town. (Wonderful!) We then did an afternoon tour Nice (Bus Tour with stop for lunch/shopping on your own and then on to Eze (Medieval Walled City). We did it through RCI and enjoyed it very much. Wonderful guide and bus driver. Loved it.

We had different ports for the rest of our cruise then you have on your sailing.

Enjoy your cruise. We loved the MED Cruise!

Colleen

Does anybody have any advicefor excursions to Sardinia, Villefranche, Genoa or Palma de Mallorca? HELP!!!:o

When we visited Genoa and Villefrance we didn't book any excursions via the cruise line as they were both within easy enough distance to go it alone (unlike Florence from Livorno or Rome from Civitavecchia for instance).

When the cruise ship docked at Genoa we were tendered right into town by the Aquarium. From there the whole town is an easy walk and there are lots of little shops and beautiful churches. We didn't visit the Aquarium but apparently it was excellent.

From Villefranche we walked to Villefranche station and took the train into Monaco, spending a fabulous day there. If you want more advice on how to do this, let me know. It cost about 5 Euros each on the train and we had lunch in Macdonalds - I know, but we were with our daughter and I have to say it must have been the world's poshest Macdonalds, with outdoor tables overlooking the harbour - pretty good!

Sorry I can't help with Palma or Sardinia but if you want any more info on doing Monaco from Villefranche just let me know.

I am just wondering when you took your tour from Villfranche with Dreamtours...where did you go...and how long was your tour? Any problem getting back to the boat in time or getting picked up?

Archived