Wedding!!!!!

sillysausage

Went to a wedding on Oceana last year - it was lovely. The couple were looked after extremely well, as we were as witnesses. Staff were helpful and gracious and everyone had a great time. The photographs took the longest and were taken all over the ship including on the bridge. It was a lovely day and the organisation was first class. The flowers were gorgeous too !

thankyou for all you kind replies!!!!

i would like to know if anybody had a wedding meal with the party (i know its avail, but want to know if it is worth it, or shall we just reserve a table somewhere?)

i would quite like a champagne reception just a bar where we can say a few things- has anybody done this before???

Another concern was the flowers, but thank you for the vote of confidence

We are taking our own photographer (what can i say i'm a diva)

thanks for the link

thankyou for all you kind replies!!!!

i would like to know if anybody had a wedding meal with the party (i know its avail, but want to know if it is worth it, or shall we just reserve a table somewhere?)

i would quite like a champagne reception just a bar where we can say a few things- has anybody done this before???

Another concern was the flowers, but thank you for the vote of confidence

We are taking our own photographer (what can i say i'm a diva)

thanks for the link

Regarding a wedding meal, I would suggest you book one of the special restaurants onboard.

We were on Arcadia so the bride and groom booked Gary Rhodes restaurant Arcadian Rhodes for our wedding dinner, and we as witnesses bought the wine/champagne. After the srevice and photos, we went to lunch in the main restaurant, and as we approached (the wedding party) the Restaurant Manager found us a good table and we were all clapped into the restaurant.

The wedding was at about 11.30am so after the service which lasts 20mins or so, you have a little chat and photos with the Captain, sign the register with him and your witnesses, then the Captain goes and you continue with your photos.

A few photos here: In the first you see the rings cushion, and in background, the order of service which is printed to your spec. The room where they were married was the Viceroy room on Arcadia and that is shown too: (click link)

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VeniceCruiseMay2008#5330546234024110466

If you book a wedding onboard the wedding planner will be in contact with you about cake, flowers and order of service before the cruise, and then onboard before the wedding day.

• 2 weeks later...

We were married on Arcadia on Christmas Day 2008 and had a fabulous time with all the VIP treatment for the whole of the cruise. I will not spoil what you get for you as its best for you as a surprise.

Our photos are on the website www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/nannyspice and if you look at that site you can find the appropriate wedding photos. Even us oldies get married!!!! Have a fantasic day.

Archived