Repo Cruise on the Jewel..thoughts?

mtchg

..Couldn't get on saltydawgs Voyager repositioning cruise out of Bayonne, NJ

for Fall 05..sold out..but just booked one of the remaining cabins (RCI website says it is sold out, but some agents still have a few) on the Jewel of the Seas Repo cruise Boston to Jacksonville. 12 days with 2 days in Bermuda, St Thomas, Aruba for full day and late nite, and one other (one that starts with C with a Q in it) with a spattering of sea days in. Inside for 985 per.

Anyone else ever do a repositioning cruise. They seem to be a good bargain, but are not overly advertised and they fill up fast!

Any differences? Age group (I'm 47..assume it may be a little older group?)

And is Bermuda still semi tropical warm by this time?

Mitch

Hi,

We are very interested in this cruise. Btw, it doesn't end in Jacksonville, it ends in Ft. Lauderdale. RCL says it's sold out. Where did you find the space? Could you give me the TA you used? You could email me the info. if you can't mention the TA used, here, on the board. It's still a long way off, and I can't believe that cabins won't open up, especially after final payment is due. We are thinking of getting waitlisted for this one, will book while onboard the Brilliance of the Seas, next Monday. We have never done a repositioning cruise, never been to Bermuda, either. But we have been dying to have Bermuda as a port stop. Plus, this repositioning cruise seems different than most... it visits lots of ports, including Aruba, one of our very favorite ports!

We are from Boston and we always vacation, post-cruise, in Ft. Lauderdale, so this would be ideal! Plus, 12 days or longer, cruises get double credit with Crown & Anchor, if booked onboard you get shipboard credit (at least, 200 per cabin, I think) and if you book a JS or up you get another C & A credit!

Thanks,

EMc

EileenMcDonald@comcast.net

>>12 days with 2 days in Bermuda, St Thomas, Aruba for full day and late nite, and one other (one that starts with C with a Q in it) with a spattering of sea days in. <<

2 others, Curacao and you missed St. Juan, PR. ;)

EMc

Welcome Aboard!! There is a VERY active roll call for this cruise on the roll call board. Come join us. I know of one agency that still shows cabins if anyone wants to email me at bfarnsworth@adelphia.net

People who took this repo cruise this year raved about it and some are coming again next year. That should tell you something.

I REALLY love this Boston to Lauderdale Repo, and will stick with it. That and Feb 6th Rhapsody will be all I can cruise in 2005....May look at it for 2006/

The value of these Repositioning cruises are great!

MItch

Archived