Med cruise entertainment and food on Princess?

Adventures ahead

We're sailing on the Ruby Princess, Greek Isles cruise, Venice to Rome, June 9/09.

Is the entertainment on a Med cruise the typical North American offering, or does Princess do anything special that's specific to the region? Itinerary: Italy, Croatia, Greece, Turkey.

Same question about the food. Are there theme nights not typically found on a Caribbean cruise?

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Emerald for that itinerary last year. I do not remember much about the entertainment because it was so port-intensive...that WAS our entertainment!!!! I do remember the comedy having a British slant, if that makes sense. At sail-away from each port, there was a narrator telling us about the particular country, ect.

Sorry, don't remember much about the food either. Seemed to be similar menu on all the rest of the cruises I have been on. I do not remember any themes at all. Lot's and lots of kids!!! I do remember that part vividly:eek:.

It was a trip of a lifetime for us. One I will treasure for many years to come. Enjoy!!!

Janet

I was on the Grand Princess 12 night Med cruise last year in Oct from Citivavecchia, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Naples, Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Athens, Katakolon, Corfu and Venice.

Yes, we had a French night and an Italian night. The servers in the dining room were dressed in outfits to resemble each country. And we did still have the Baked Alaskan Parade.

The food was subjective. None of the beef was edible. Just too tough, have no idea if it was the cut, or the cooking of it, but you couldn't even cut it with a knife, let alone chew it. I'm not a food gourmet, so the names of the dishes meant nothing to me, and even the description on the menu sometimes didn't let you know what it was. We were always having to ask the waiter what it was. My friend did enjoy the lobster and prawns, she said they were great. Our wait staff was the best. They couldn't do enough for us, and once we asked for regular sliced bread instead of the rolls, there was always sliced bread delivered to us each night after that.

The entertainment was no different than on any other cruise I've taken. Nothing specific to the region. Have a great cruise.

Archived