Renewal of Vows Aboard Ship

swilcox

Has anyone renewed their wedding vows aboard a Royal Caribbean ship? We are sailing on the Monarch, and are considing the vows renewal ceremony on New Year's Day. The cost seems fairly high. Is it worth the price? Were you allowed to write your own vows? Did the cruise director/social director do a nice job with the ceremony? Thanks.

Thanks Murphy,

I have read that post and it was informative. However, I would really like to hear from someone who has renewed their vows on the Monarch and find out who they spoke with and how everything worked etc.

my brother in law and his goof ball wife renewed their vows on the enchantment 3 yrs ago when a group of 44 went and it was a joke...the ceremony lasted about 5 minutes and it was smack in the middle of the day and she wanted us in suites...yes it was at a day at sea...it cost about 250 bucks and they served cake and champagne and someone called a marriage co-ordinator did the ceremony...they took some pictures and the happy couple got a frame and picture of the blessed event from rccl and at dinner they delivered the rest of the cake that was not eaten during the ceremony...oh ya we missed the belly flop contest because of this and my wife and i got into a little tiff because i refused to put a suit on for this sham...i had my bathing suit on under the kahki's and polo shirt...save the money...none of the family thought it was worth it except for the 2 that did it...by the way i lost the bet with my other brother in law that on the day they got married i bet him $100 that the mariage would not last more then 5 yrs...the looser is still married... oh danny boy...on of these days the light bulb's gonna go off...

Archived