Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe

gazingm42

We did it last November. You're referring to the one on Carnival? I thought the snorkeling was AWFUL. Tons of people, staff that wasn't helpful... There were hardly any fish to see, and most of the coral looked dead. I'm guessing when you take large groups to the same place every day, this may happen. When I went, it was a two level boat, not a catamaran. I went to the website for the legend, and it looks like the excursion is on a catamaran now. Anyway, the rum punch was very good. TOO good.... :o The beach for the beach break was extremely crowded, but I had some fun on the bouncy float thing in the water. I never would have gone up there, but like I said, the rum punch was good.... :p

We also did not have that great of an experience in Belize, we found many people (not all of course!!!) were quite rude and abusive...I ask myself why Carnival is keeping these excursions. Honestly the ones in Mexico were a lot better and professional...:(:rolleyes:

Kreeker, that's so interesting that you pointed out that they were rude. You were referring to the staff of the boat? I was having trouble with my personal mask fogging up (I'd brought it from home) even though I'd used the Sea Drops (is that what they're called?) and the guy said, "well it's because your mask is new." I told him that it wasn't new, that I'd used it several times before that. He pretty much walked away and didn't even help me. I was pretty angry. If we cruise to Belize again, I will probably just go in to the city which we missed due to rum punch and it's aftereffects... :D Anyway, if your cruise is headed to Roatan, the snorkeling there is incredible. I do regret that we went to Tabyana Beach, but the positive side of going there was the snorkeling was the best I'd ever done (I've only snorkeled in 5 other places before, so I'm not expert!). We did the beach on our own, not with the ship. We paid a taxi driver and he actually waited at the beach with us (this route was cheaper and more personal). Anyway, it was cheaper than the excursion. BUT, anyway, the beach was loud with tons of other tourists and we were bombarded by children selling wares the entire time. We couldn't both go in the water because we were worried of our things being stolen. Anyway, if you are going to Roatan, our dinner tablemate did go on an excursion, not sure where, but he said the snorkeling was great, and they didn't have to worry about their belongings on the beach OR solicitors... So next time we go, it will be worth the money to pay for a secure excursion on that island. If you're not going to Roatan, I guess I wasted my words!!! Happy Snorkeling!

Archived