Sandals AI resort

TXCruiseJunkie

My cruise is one of them that has been re-routed to Jamaica. Last time we were there a couple of years ago, we went to Sunset Beach resort and had a great time !!! We were wanting to consider something different this time. Does anybody know the cost of the AI day pass is for Sandals ? Also, Sunset beach - do they still do the one day pass & if so, does anybody know that cost??? Thanks !!!!

It's close... about an mile and a half but it's best to take a cab.

Should run you about five bucks/person. Make sure you take a cab with a RED JUTA plate... They'll be lined up outside the cruise terminal.

Make sure you settle on a price before you get in the cab!!!

:)

I'm on one of the cruises that got changed as well

I called Sandals today to get the day pass price and it is $85 per person. All inclusive, about 4 pools, a couple of restaurants, a few bars, private beach, non motorized watersports.

You can not book your day pass in advance. They said to catch a cab there and pay at the front desk. When you are ready to leave the front desk will call you a cab. Sandals is about 15 minutes from the pier!:)

Two quick points...

If you go to Sunset Beach they'll ask to hold your ship's card until you leave. It's perfectly fine. They'll give it back.

They just want to ensure that they're paid any moneys due before you leave.

Some people get quite upset when they're blindsided with that request.

The second... I read in another thread that someone just called Sunset Beach and was quoted $50/adult for cruise ship passengers...

Good news and not bad at all for an all inclusive!!

:)

I followed advice about Sunset beach (thanks eveyone!). Emailed them and they quoted me $60 (not $50). I talked with Sandals as well and was told it was 30 minutes from the pier. We're only docked until 4, so I think for the price and to maximize the time, Sunset may be the way we are going.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Archived