NCL One Day Sale

saileeney

Has anyone seen this? I just noticed it on the NCL website this morning. If I'm already booked on one of the dates that are going on sale can I benefit from this? How does that work? (We are sailing on the Gem 9/2)

Have a great day!

~Aileen

Sale day is May 5 (with special "preview" day on May 4). If you have already made your final cruise payment for your Gem sailing, then there really isn't anything which can be done about the pricing....BUT if you have a decent agent (particularly one that specializes in cruises), it is very common for them to be able to call their contacts at NCL and get you upgraded to a better cabin. :)

This has happened to me a few times where I booked an inside and then, due to a price drop, was moved up to an outside (and once even to a balcony when it was a significant price drop). I have heard others say they were also given comps at some of the specialty restaurants, but that has never happened to me.

If you haven't made your final cruise payment yet, then there is time to get your fare adjusted. Talk to your agent & good luck!

Well, my first post as we are planning our first cruise! How are you calling already to get adjustments when we don't know what the "sale" is going to be. I see the advertisement page, but when I select a cruise the prices don't appear any different to me.

I was really close to booking an Alaska cruise for August today to get the room credit (whoops, it looks like that ended yesterday!), but now am thinking I should hold off for this deal.

I was planning on using an agent quote site (I guess I can't say the name - sorry!) to compare against NCL advertised rates. For anyone who has seen the sales in the past, do agents still get lower rates even on these one day sales?

Glad to have found this site and thx for heads up on the sale!!

Don't Forget... If you try to get a lower price or upgraded to a different cabin, NCL will typically remove your OBC.

I called about the price drops I saw on our Spirit cruise a few weeks ago. They no longer had any AD suites (our current booking) but the AC and AB were less than we paid for our AD. This is before our final payment was due.

They were willing to "upgrade" us to the higher category, but only if they took away our $350 OBC. We decided to stay in our current cabin.

We called about the rates on the sale as part of the preview, and the prices they provided were the same as those when you click on the cruise through the sale page. And for me, those rates were actually HIGHER on my date than the rates were yesterday. Some sale!

We called about the rates on the sale as part of the preview, and the prices they provided were the same as those when you click on the cruise through the sale page. And for me, those rates were actually HIGHER on my date than the rates were yesterday. Some sale!

I checked this morning as well and the price went up from what was quoted last week. I'll check again on the 4th, but I'm not very hopeful.

The prices for my cruise are the same as well but it is not excepting the PROMO code so I'm guessing it might be different on the 4? Of course, I just paid my final payment 2 days AGO! :mad:

Althought I know it will not amount to anything I'm still going to call my PCC to see what he says - I know its a long shot but worth a call. You just never know ;)

I'm not sure but I think the prices listed now aren't the sale prices. I'll call my TA today and see what he thinks. If they are the sale prices then It doesn't seem like much of a deal for me. We paid less for our cabin than what is listed right now on the NCL website. Oh well, I guess we'll see...

~Aileen

I have a Mexico cruise booked for October. I didn't see Mexico listed on sale. Maybe I will switch to Hawaii if I can get a good enough deal. Who even knows if we will be allowed to go to Mexico next fall. They may still be cruising Alaska in October Brrrr. LOL :D

Just a word of caution regarding excitement over this "SALE" (been there; done that)... the last 'one day sale' was a bunch of hooey from what I experienced and read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=958188&highlight=day+sale

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=955839&highlight=day+sale

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=954973&highlight=day+sale

It must work, though 'cause they're doing it again!

It looks to me that fare reductions f(or Bermuda, anyway) have been 'clearance' - about a week out and for a few days only... 'til the lowest fare was sold out...

I've been checking this page regularly (hoping, hoping, hoping for our bargain hunters)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/staticPage.html?pageId=hotDeals

This page doesn't even seem to have the lower fares

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/hotdeal/specialOffers.html

This is so much work!

I just checked the prices. Yep, same as before, I could get a cat AC instead of Cat AD for about $350 less, but I would lose my OBC, so in the end it would be the same price (but I would have to spend more cash on the ship for tips).

And I like the aft cabins, so I'm not going to bother my TA about it.

ok, I looked at the "deals" and I thought it was strange that the original price of 3or 4 day (can't remember which one) to the Bahamas was orginally $800+ .,,, for 3 or 4 days? I think the $169 is more normal isnand that is the sale price. Geez .

Urg, I'm going to be in Bermuda on the Spirit when this "sale" kicks in, think I'd have to pay to use the ship's computers, just so that I could login and book another cruise for the sale prices? :rolleyes:

Maybe you can book your cruise with the onboard cruise consutlant. Let him do all the work and it will save you internet fees!

Urg, I'm going to be in Bermuda on the Spirit when this "sale" kicks in, think I'd have to pay to use the ship's computers, just so that I could login and book another cruise for the sale prices? :rolleyes:

No charge to access NCL's site, at least on the Majesty. I know because we nabbed the last one-day sale when on Majesty, for our Alaska in May. Needed an upgrade to add a passenger, and saved a bunch. I'm sure it wasn't a huge savings for some, but it worked out for us.

I got that email but I dont see the savings. I have always done better with ecruises.com than booking direct with ncl. I saved over $700 on my next cruise. We leave a week from Sunday out of NYC to Bermuda.

currently, mine are nearly $1K higher, yet i called NCL & was told the rate code won't produce valid rates until Monday online:confused:

as im not sure if it's kosher to post the actual code here, i won't;)yet will post the fine print from the email i received...

appears as though it's only for guaranteed cabins to sleep 2 or am i reading it wrong?

Offer valid through May 5, 2009. All starting from rates listed above are Guarantee rates which apply to 1st-2nd guests only, except for Bahamas rates listed above. 3rd-8th guests cannot be booked on Guarantee rates. Reservations booked at regular fares can accommodate 3rd-8th bookings. With all bookings made under Guarantee rates, stateroom assignment is subject to NCL's discretion and can be assigned at any time up to day of sailing. Savings are based on the published lowest Inside stateroom Brochure rates. 81% off discount is applicable to select 4-day Bahamas sailings. Over $2,000 in savings is applicable to select 7-day Hawai‘i sailings. Fares are cruise only in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy. Offer is for new individual bookings only. Singles pay 200% of applicable fare. Standard air add-ons are available. Guests, who cancel and rebook, must accept this promotion's terms and conditions. Cancellation fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow NCL schedule listed in the brochure, website and it includes different schedules for Suites and Villas. Cancellation fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, NCL strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings. This promotion excludes airfare, ground transfers, government taxes and fees, on-board service charges and other personal expenditures. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective immediately, NCL is suspending the company's fuel supplement for all voyages departing in 2009. NCL reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel. Offer is based on availability, capacity controlled, not combinable with other offers, subject to change or cancellation at NCL discretion. Other restrictions may apply. NCL is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. ©2009 NCL Corporation Ltd. Ships' Registry: Bahamas and United States of America.

Archived