NCL One Day Sale

saileeney

gee--IF no one is having any luck...maybe no sale prices can be accessed online...only by phone :confused: website glitch ?

has anyone tried calling ???

I did not see any savings online; code did not work, so I did call NCL. The cruise I was looking at was a 4 day Bahamas out of Miami on the Sky. The PCC looked it up, and the prices are the same as they have been on the website. I asked her where the savings where? She said this and some other cruises were already discounted so low, they could not discount them anymore. So no sale! Why would they even bother to include these in the “one day sale”? Just to get us to look and get mad? I guess if I had not known the prices before, maybe I would think the prices were sale prices.

just another NCL ONE DAY NO SALE :mad:

I was keeping a eye out for a cruise to the Bahamas this summer, so I had a pretty good idea what the cruises were going for. Checking the One Day Sale, you're right-- No Sale, I agree. :mad:

Celebrity pulled something like this earlier this year. They were have a 2 for 1 cruise sales and the cruise I was looking at actually WENT UP in price. They told me that the prices was 50% off of the brochure rate....

I wasn't happy. Timing the cruise price is not easy! -aj

Prices look the same today as they did yesterday; at least for my cruise date?:confused: So if you're looking to go to Bermuda, and you're available on June 7, why not join the “King’s Wharf Rats” on our CC Group Cruise to Bermuda and pick up something extra!;) See the links below if interested!;)

I tried online for four different dates and ships.

I was told it was basically only certain days on certain ships. One of the cruises I am looking at for is the very end of August on the Dawn.

I was told only last minute type cruises for May, so mine didn't apply, neither did my three other cruises.

Oh well....

I've been checking faithfully and don't really see any changes in prices for this "sale". I'm not quite sure what NCL gains by this?? Anyway, I'll continue to check over the coming weeks, prices seem to go up and down regularly based on demand, I suppose.

I've been checking faithfully and don't really see any changes in prices for this "sale". I'm not quite sure what NCL gains by this?? Anyway, I'll continue to check over the coming weeks, prices seem to go up and down regularly based on demand, I suppose.

That is indeed the case. The prices for the Bermuda cruise from Boston on the Norwegian Spirit have taken a sharp nose dive if you wait until 2 weeks prior to departure (with the exception of my cruise). :cool: Seems like if you can take a gamble and are willing to wait (which I get anxiety over) then you are going to get a steal! :D

Oh well, we were looking for something during the summer; looks like we'll have to go with Plan "B"; flying to the Bahamas and staying at an All-Inclusive. Have to wait until 2010 for cruisin; no big incentives for cruising this year. :mad:

I tried online for four different dates and ships.

I was told it was basically only certain days on certain ships. One of the cruises I am looking at for is the very end of August on the Dawn.

I was told only last minute type cruises for May, so mine didn't apply, neither did my three other cruises.

Oh well....

Sorry, forgot to mention after trying online I did make that phone call to NCL.

No discounts for me in the summer or late summer.

Anyone looking to sale last minute may want to try calling to see what they are offering.

I don't think it applies to anything but this summer's cruises because I am looking at cruises further out than that and those are not sale prices. :( I think we have to wait for the "Pity the Procrastinator" sales events! :D

Didn't apply to summer cruises either.

I can't seem to find a sale price anywhere.:confused: They are the same as yesterday and the day before. No bargain here. I want deep pocket discoubts and OBC's!!!:D...and free upgrades while you're at it!

Oh well.:o

The one thing that you learn very quickly by being active on the boards at Cruise Critic is BUYER BEWARE.

Do your homework before booking.

Cruise lines are in business to make money. That said, they will do everything within their power to get you to book. They ust love impulse buyers and the uninformed.

It is fairly rare that a "sale" is a bargain. It is usually a marketing ploy. And YES, cruiselines just like retailers will raise their prices in advance of a "sale" to give the appearance of a larger discount.

Any sale whose value is trumpeted by reference to "brochure rates" should immediately make you suspicious.

Gotta love the "prices start at" references as well.

Here is why......

Typically the cruise line picks the lowest grade inside cabins on the worst dates where they are having trouble filling the ship, chop those inside cabin prices down for show and do not make any noticeable change to any OV, balcony or suite pricing. Then they package the sailings several months all together in a "sale" with the "prices start at" marketing.

This is great for the cruiser who wants an inside cabin or who wants to sail on a less popular date. But for the rest of us, it is window dressing. Good luck finding very many of the cabins at the low "prices start at" amount.

Then, to top it all off, they try to create a feeling of urgency and a need to book quickly by calling it a 1 day Sale.

The one thing that you learn very quickly by being active on the boards at Cruise Critic is BUYER BEWARE.

Do your homework before booking.

Cruise lines are in business to make money. That said, they will do everything within their power to get you to book. They ust love impulse buyers and the uninformed.

It is fairly rare that a "sale" is a bargain. It is usually a marketing ploy. And YES, cruiselines just like retailers will raise their prices in advance of a "sale" to give the appearance of a larger discount.

Any sale whose value is trumpeted by reference to "brochure rates" should immediately make you suspicious.

Gotta love the "prices start at" references as well.

Here is why......

Typically the cruise line picks the lowest grade inside cabins on the worst dates where they are having trouble filling the ship, chop those inside cabin prices down for show and do not make any noticeable change to any OV, balcony or suite pricing. Then they package the sailings several months all together in a "sale" with the "prices start at" marketing.

This is great for the cruiser who wants an inside cabin or who wants to sail on a less popular date. But for the rest of us, it is window dressing. Good luck finding very many of the cabins at the low "prices start at" amount.

Then, to top it all off, they try to create a feeling of urgency and a need to book quickly by calling it a 1 day Sale.

What's that old Cliché: "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!". When that 1-day sale came up on their web site; I kinda figured it would be for un-popular cruise dates and lower decks, inside cabins. I was hoping they would discount the more expensive cabins, but no luck. :(

Its the same with every retailer. Its always the cheapest appliance on sale, not the most expensive with all of the bells and whistles you desire. The most expensive appliance is hardly ever on sale. What made you think cruise lines were different?

This sale is a joke .. I have seen them do the old shell game before but this one is bad. I cant find any sale price on most of the Bermuda dates...

Come on NCL stop wasting our time...

I checked this out this AM and found a great deal to Alaska, IF I was able to leave this Sunday. (not completely out of the question!) The rest of the summer was same old pricing.

I looked into an earlier promo...2 for 1...and found online prices were their supposed 2 for 1 prices.( I called to see about booking a Baltic Cruise.)

So, no across the board sale, only last minute sale.

kp

I also checked this morning...Again, NCL is only cherry-picking their venues to put on sale. Yes, you can find a great deal on Alaska, but you also could before the sale. There are just too many ships going there this summer.

I checked my Canada/NE cruise in September and the price actually went up on I/Cs $50 from last night. :eek: I checked my TA's site and she's still selling I/Cs for $649, O/Cs for $849, and Bals for $1049 ($400 pp cheaper than NCL's sale). Oh well, so much for a sale! My next cruise will probably be with RCL anyways.

DT

This sale is a joke .. I have seen them do the old shell game before but this one is bad. I cant find any sale price on most of the Bermuda dates...

Come on NCL stop wasting our time...

It's nice when your cruise line treats you like an idiot!

Archived