Modest Hotel/B&B Near the Piccadilly Line

dmk

I am looking for a modest hotel or B&B anywhere on the Piccadilly Line. I would like to be near any tube station that is on this line.

I am not sure which areas of London I should look in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

The Piccadilly Line runs from one side of London to the other side of London and trains take about 90 minutes to complete the route, so to get an informed answer you really need to say why you've picked the Piccadilly Line.

Putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, if you are looking for cheap accommodation in London that is handy for a direct cheap transfer to Heathrow, the place to look is at Kings Cross. There are many simple, cheap hotels opposite Kings Cross Station.

You should get a double/twin room with breakfsat around the 60-70 GBP mark at all times. There are other districts with comparable prices, notably Earls Court along the Piccadilly Line but standards here are not great, best value is at Kings Cross.

Alhumbra, Meridiana, Wardonia and Crestfield hotels are 4 examples that are among the best of their type.

If you can afford it the Premier Inn at Kensington Earls Court is a good no frills chain hotel with rooms about 85-100 GBP . Earls Court is much closer to Heathrow, about 30 minutes journey.

Thanks for your response.:)

The reason I asked for hotels in areas near the Piccadilly line is because I will be visiting family near the Southgate stop on the Piccadilly line.

I have located a B&B near the Southgate tube but I'd also like at modest hotels that are more central.

Southgate is my local tube station. I would suggest an hotel in Bloomsbury (Russell Square station) or Euston Road (Kings Cross station). Both areas are just north of central, so convenient for sightseeing, but only about 20/25 minutes on the underground to Southgate.

Would concur with ancientmariner.

A B&B around Argylle Square opposite Kings Cross Station has the best selection of low cost (60-70 GBP per night with breakfast) rooms. Would suggest a short list of Wardonia, Crestfield, Meridiana, Alhumbra, California and Montana Excel hotels.

If you can afford another 20-30 GBP, the Premier Inn at Kings Cross is excellent and the Novotel, a nice 4 star has rooms about the same at the weekend.

As a neighbourhood, one stop further down the line is Russell Square and Bloomsbury, one of the most interesting neighbourhoods in London. However you pay a price premium of about 30% against Kings Cross for just that extra half mile or so.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.:)

ancientmariner:

Would you know off any B&B up in your end, in Southgate. I have tried to book at Bay Tree House with no luck. They are full.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.:)

ancientmariner:

Would you know off any B&B up in your end, in Southgate. I have tried to book at Bay Tree House with no luck. They are full.

I don't know of any B & Bs in the area. We have two nice hotels: The Royal Chase Hotel, The Ridgway, Enfield and West Lodge Hotel, Cockfosters Road, Hadley Wood. Neither of them will be cheap, though. My local telephone directory lists an Hotel Booking Agency in Southgate called AC UK Hotels, UK Ltd at 28 The Green, N14 Tel: (0) 20 8882 8111; you could try them.

Good luck

Try Bedford Hotel on Southampton Row, a few mins walk from Russell Sq Tube. Not sure of price for double - for single £76 inc breakfast. Rooms are small, but clean, and good location near tube and bus routes. Also close to the British Museum. There's a Premier Inn on Euston Road, not so close to Piccadilly line, but not too far either (nearer to Kings Cross than Russell Sq).

Archived