Everything Skyloft

That should make watching the golfers more "enjoyable". Visit the Loft Lounge before hanging out on our balcony!:)

So true. I might be up for some golfer heckling after a complimentary glass of champagne. ;) :)

Just found out that the Loft Lounge will be accessable to loft suite guests exclusively. That would be nice since the concierge lounge is so far away.

Would that include Crown Loft as well?

Would that include Crown Loft as well?

TA told me that Royal told her that it is for ALL loft suites, including crown, sky and royal lofts.

I would again caution that nothing with these new or existing ships appears to ever be set in stone, and misinformation seems to abound.

It does have the potential to make since though. I mean the concierge lounge is so far away, and RCI has still alloted space up there for the compulsory Viking Crown Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel. If it is not for concierge, then I wonder what else they would use it for.... maybe as a small reception area for wedding parties from the chapel. That would be a lovely place to have an intimate wedding reception!

• 2 weeks later...
:eek: Am I seeing things or does there appear to be a large window on the side wall of this skyloft? [ATTACH]119998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]120000[/ATTACH]

That's the Royal Loft in the corner and yes it does have a wide window on the side. However, the Sky Lofts are on the other side of the ship and the only windows you can see for them is the rear window for 1720.

If you can expand the photo look all the way to your left ,the royal is on the right in the photo,I see daylight, I think.

OK I see what you're talking about. Picture is too grainy to tell if that's outside light coming through, or maybe a light bulb as seen in other spots in the photo. It would be really nice to see a shot from the other side of the ship soon!

[ATTACH]120031[/ATTACH] If you can expand the photo look all the way to your left ,the royal is on the right in the photo,I see daylight, I think.

OK I see what you're talking about. Picture is too grainy to tell if that's outside light coming through, or maybe a light bulb as seen in other spots in the photo. It would be really nice to see a shot from the other side of the ship soon!

Dude, I think that's daylight!

You're right though, a port side photo would be nice. Better yet, a layout and 360o. I sometimes wonder if we'll ever get that.

Nice video of the sea trials this weekend. Lots of video showing the skyloft side of the ship, but still too far away and grainy to draw any conclusions. STX Video But still enough to keep us excited about our upcoming cruise!!!

Nice video of the sea trials this weekend. Lots of video showing the skyloft side of the ship, but still too far away and grainy to draw any conclusions. STX Video But still enough to keep us excited about our upcoming cruise!!!

Thanks for the video link. She is quite an impressive sight afloat.

It really does look like a wall on the port side of our cabin, but that sure looked like daylight shining through on those other pics.

This is getting exciting! The suspense is killing me! :)

I just booked 1720 for 9-4-11!! not sure if I'll keep it but it was available & I'm for sure getting a loft for that week anyways. Gotta find out about that LOFT LOUNGE!! I'll be checking here for all the info. my friend is teasing me saying that we'll have our own pool up there...

We're booked on 12/1/09 Oasis in a GS - I'm not really into the big ships so we'll see.

Have you seen the sea trial pics on Flickr? That port side view pretty much confirms that 1720 will have only aft view windows. There is most likely a wall on the port side of the suite. I am, however, also pretty sure about the wrap around balcony that will allow for both aft and port views of the ocean.

Now we just have to hope that the big stupid blimp doesn't obstruct our view while anchored. Did you see that the deck it is tethered to is just forward of the port side flowrider?

I'm not crazy about that blimp ride idea anyway. I hope they scrap that one.

There is a new video posted on www.oasisoftheseas.com entitled Building Incredible. About halfway through the video, there is footage of an actual Crown Loft Suite, not our Sky Loft, but at least it's in the neighborhood! It looks very much like the rendering! Check it out!!!

I saw that! Very cool!

• 4 weeks later...

Check out this youtube video from RCCL-thebest's thread in this forum. It has great close up views of the starboard side of the crown, including our Sky Loft section!

Thanks again to RCCL-thebest.

Another video from sea trials!

I can't wait to see pictures from the next sea trial.

Michael

------------

Past Cruises

March 2007 Navigator of The Seas

May 2008 Liberty of The Seas

Future cruises

December 1 2009 Oasis of The Seas

December 5 2009 Oasis of The Seas

February 6 2010 Oasis of The Seas

Check out this youtube video from RCCL-thebest's thread in this forum. It has great close up views of the starboard side of the crown, including our Sky Loft section!

Nice video. It does not appear that the balcony dividers are installed yet, so still hard to tell how much balcony we have on the side. But it's pretty clear that 1720 will not have any windows on the side, just out the back.

Nice video. It does not appear that the balcony dividers are installed yet, so still hard to tell how much balcony we have on the side. But it's pretty clear that 1720 will not have any windows on the side, just out the back.

Agreed.

At least, no matter where they put the divider we will have a port view from the far coner of our balcony. I doubt they wil place a divider that will block that view.

I can't wait to see pictures from the next sea trial.

Michael

------------

Past Cruises

March 2007 Navigator of The Seas

May 2008 Liberty of The Seas

Future cruises

December 1 2009 Oasis of The Seas

December 5 2009 Oasis of The Seas

February 6 2010 Oasis of The Seas

My appologies. I meant to say PORT view.

Archived