Bar set up - Mixers onboard

Gosh, it is only 8:50 am and I am already thinking about liquor. Or at least planning for it!

We are in a AF minisuite so I am wondering if I could buy a bottle of vodka pre-boarding through the bar setup worksheet that I have seen here CC. It might be worth it to me to buy the bottle as I am a bloody mary/screwdriver drinker.

Secondly, I don't think that I will be able to purchase soda, water and mixers prior to boarding as the night before we are staying an airport hotel and will take transportation directly to the pier the next day. So is there at least orange juice/cranberry juice available during the day on the ship. I heard that the oj stinks onboard but I need to dilute the vodka somehow right? Vodka and ice tea doesn't sound so good to me either!

If there are no mixers, then I'll pass on the vodka in the room.

There will be orange juice each morning in the buffet area. Some times cranberry juice. I thought the orange juice was just fine....not fresh squeezed but as good as anything from concentrate, in my opinion.

I would suggest bringing a container that you could fill at the buffet in the mornings and keep in your cabin refrigerator. The small refer is about as tall as a bottle of beer, for container-sizing purposes.

You can also order juice from room service at no extra charge....but the glasses are small, so order a few.

Only been on one cruise. Dawn Nov/dec 2008. O.J. was probably one of the best I've ever had. I drink 16 oz. every nite at bedtime, from concentrate) and have for years. If NCL's O.J. is not freshed squeezed I'd be very surprised.

Great info. I am ordering today for 6/7 cruise to Alaska. We are not huge drinkers but would like something in the cabin if we wanted. Wish I could get bloody mary mixer and some olives but you can't have everything!

We always order the bar set-up with vodka. Then, we purchase bloody mary mix and bring it on board with us. There is no problem with that; we pack it in our baggage. We get extra glasses of orange juice and cranberry juice at breakfast and store it in the fridge for later. You can also order tomato juice each morning from room service; I do this to dilute the bloody mary mix. You could bring a jar of olives as well. There are no rules against this.

Enjoy your afternoon/evening cabin cocktails!:) So relaxing on the balcony prior to dinner.

You can also order juice from room service at no extra charge....but the glasses are small, so order a few.

This is what we did....I ordered 8 glasses each morning. :D I poured them into a big Rubbermaid sipper bottle I had brought and kept in the fridge.

chug.jpg

I thought the OJ was very good, it was really sweet. I mixed it with the rum we brought.

Gosh, it is only 8:50 am and I am already thinking about liquor. Or at least planning for it!

We are in a AF minisuite so I am wondering if I could buy a bottle of vodka pre-boarding through the bar setup worksheet that I have seen here CC. It might be worth it to me to buy the bottle as I am a bloody mary/screwdriver drinker.

Secondly, I don't think that I will be able to purchase soda, water and mixers prior to boarding as the night before we are staying an airport hotel and will take transportation directly to the pier the next day. So is there at least orange juice/cranberry juice available during the day on the ship. I heard that the oj stinks onboard but I need to dilute the vodka somehow right? Vodka and ice tea doesn't sound so good to me either!

If there are no mixers, then I'll pass on the vodka in the room.

vodka and lemonade is pretty good though! ;)

Archived