At the terminal?

starq1

When we arrive at the terminal what will they do? I mean I know they take our luggage and all but are there custems(sp for some reason nothing is looking right :) lines we have to go through on the Rhapsody? I know we don't need a passport. What are they looking for? I want to make sure we have everything ready!!

You will pick up your luggage when your color tag is called and then you will go through customs.......with your luggage and turn in your declaration customs card you will recieve the night before the cruise ends.......normally they just look at your card and wave you through........it certainly hasn't been a big thing the last couple of cruise we took this year.........hope this helps.

When you arrive at the terminal you give you checked luggage to the porters and take your carry on into ther terminal. You put your carry on on a conveyor belt to go thru the scanner and then proceed , with your cary on (if it contains on guns, bombs, etc.) to the counters to have your paper work done and get your card. Then you get in a line to have your picture put on your card and get on the ship. Put you liquor in your checked bags and it will be delivered to your room. Don't have any guns or irons in those bags either.

it is very similar to getting on a plane with security scanners and pat downs etc ...do not try to carry anything on board the ship that you would not carry on a plane these days...let the cruise line carry that on for you with the bags that you give them once you get to the pier...they will take the bags from you and once the ship is ready to accept taking new baggage they will start delivering it to cabins...we have been on 12 cruises and about half of those we have gotten our bags prior to sailing the other half just after sailing...if your cabin steward is around and is looking for some additional tips he or she will put the bags inside the cabin...we were on the NOS last february and i can honestly say that there was alot of closest and draw space for everything we took from home...hats off to rccl when they built the voyager class ships...lot's of from to put stuff away and out of sight...

You will need to present your cruise documents..that spiral notebook that you received..a passport or certified (raised seal) birth certificate and photo ID. At this time you will also need to supply a credit card imprint or cash for any onboard charges. It's real easy and there are lots of people to help you.

Your travel agent can also help you if you are still not sure you have the proper papers.

Enjoy your cruise!

The ONLY time you will go through customs is upon your return........after you pick up your luggage for the last time in the terminal and then go through the customs line.........

Make sure to fill out the online documentation and your cruise documents will come with that information already typed in. You will have to sign the cruise contract in your documents and also fill out the form for paying for onboard charges when you check in at the pier - along with your birth certificate and photo ID.

Hope you have a great cruise. I remember my first cruise - I was so clueless and didn't have a great board like this to help!!!

Soozin

Archived