Mariner Exercise Room

Open most daytime hours, sorry I don't remember actual open and closing times, but guessing something like 7 to 7. Equipment is not extensive and in a fairly small space. There were some treadmills and weights for sure. There was a standing cooler of water bottles. There are TVs. There are hand towels. There is a good sized room for fitness classes, aerobics, stretching, stregthening, yoga, etc. Note on the Mariner that you have to go outside the fitness rooms around by the stairs to get to the Spa and the restrooms, changing rooms, lockers, showers, steam rooms and saunas. You have to walk through the Carita Spa, past the reception desk and around the shelfs of products to get to the door through which you will find a hallway that leads to both men's and women's facilities. I will never understand that layout. The exercise rooms are on the port side and the Spa/restrooms/showers et al are on the starboard side. There is a door from that hallway that opens into the exercise classes room, but they don't want you to use it. You do not have to pay anything to use any of these ship's facilities including the saunas, etc. inside the Spa. Debbie

Does anyone have details:

1. Hours

2. Equipment

3. Space

4. Water on site

5. TV's

6. Towels

Anything else you can think of . . .

Thanks!

We were on Mariner prior to drydock so equipment might have changed. There are 2 exercycles, 1 stairmaster, two eliptical trainers, and 4 or so treadmills. Three machines which will permit most exercises, free weights. Room was never closed when we wanted to use it and it may be a 24 hour proposition. Water, towels, earphones for TVs in front of equipment. Even though ship was generally only 2/3 full on our cruise, there were times when you had to wait for machines. No room for more equipment. On this ship the production company folks use same room, both a good and not so good thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to report in after my recent cruise.

There were indeed 2 cycles, though one of them was broken. I think there were more like 4 elipticals (though I I'm not sure; it's not a machine I use, so I didn't pay that close of attention).

They didn't open until 7am, and I think they closed at 7p or 10:30p or so; I'll try to remember to check my info on that.

The other room (for classes) was available for use if there wasn't a class going on and had exercise balls, steps (for step aerobics) and plenty of floor space for stretching. There may have been more amenities, but I didn't use it so didn't pay that much attention to that room either.

There is a scale to weigh yourself, but as you shifted your weight, you could get a range of about a 20-30 lb swing. :eek: Would only be useful if you weighed yourself at the start of the cruise, noted the range, and then checked back on that range as you cruised! :rolleyes:

Also, the cooler with the water also contained bottles of sports drink (I think Gatorade or similar).

Just wanted to report in after my recent cruise.

There were indeed 2 cycles, though one of them was broken. I think there were more like 4 elipticals (though I I'm not sure; it's not a machine I use, so I didn't pay that close of attention).

They didn't open until 7am, and I think they closed at 7p or 10:30p or so; I'll try to remember to check my info on that.

The other room (for classes) was available for use if there wasn't a class going on and had exercise balls, steps (for step aerobics) and plenty of floor space for stretching. There may have been more amenities, but I didn't use it so didn't pay that much attention to that room either.

There is a scale to weigh yourself, but as you shifted your weight, you could get a range of about a 20-30 lb swing. :eek: Would only be useful if you weighed yourself at the start of the cruise, noted the range, and then checked back on that range as you cruised! :rolleyes:

Also, the cooler with the water also contained bottles of sports drink (I think Gatorade or similar).

Thanks for the update! I'm sure I'll find something I can live with there ;-)

Archived