What do you do to re-inforce you luggage tags?

Avril

You know, those flimsy ones that you print off with you docs on Carnival's website. I usually re-inforce them with that clear packing tape so they won't rip and fall off my luggage. :D I take a stapler and attach them to my bags once I get to the pier. I'm sailing in 7 days and I would like to find a way to strengthen them that is easier and faster than taping them. So, what do you do to make your luggage tags stronger (if anything)?

Thanks!! :D

First, I print mine off on card stock. Then I put packing tape on both sides. Then tape it securely to the bag handles. If the bag has two handles, it gets two luggage tags.

You know, those flimsy ones that you print off with you docs on Carnival's website. I usually re-inforce them with that clear packing tape so they won't rip and fall off my luggage. :D I take a stapler and attach them to my bags once I get to the pier. I'm sailing in 7 days and I would like to find a way to strengthen them that is easier and faster than taping them. So, what do you do to make your luggage tags stronger (if anything)?

Thanks!! :D

I brought mine to Staples and had them laminated... then i stapled them onto the suitcase. The labels made it through two airports (pre-cruise)without ripping or falling off.

I laminate them - 5 per page. Cut and punch holes in them and attach with a zip tie. also lock luggage with a zip tie - if they want to cut off to inspect - fine - nothing lost.

I laminate them - 5 per page. Cut and punch holes in them and attach with a zip tie. also lock luggage with a zip tie - if they want to cut off to inspect - fine - nothing lost.

Ditto! I've not lost one luggage tag in 4 cruises :)

We went to the Dominican Republic. Locked all of our luggage with zip ties. When we got to our room we were hot, exhausted and just wanted to slip into our swim suites and hit the pool..... but we couldn't get our bags open because we had no scissors.... had to treck all the way down to the main lobby, get scissors, go back to the room... cut the zippies.... take the scissors back.... since I'm against zippies.... :p

We went to Office Max and had them laminated, then punched a hole in them and ran zip ties through the holes to attach them. Honestly this was total over kill, mailing tape would have sufficed, just don't put them on until you get to the port, or at least land at the airport...Lord knows those gorillas at the airport don't need to be confused anymore than they are. :)

I also have used the packing tape and it does work well. A friend of mine got "do it yourself lamenate sheets" she bought at the office supply store. They worked great and it was very easy to do.

I used the clear packing tape method and when we arrived at the port for our Triumph sailing the luggage porter put on Victory tags, I said to the porter, the Victory is in PR and I really need my bags on the Triumph. I just let it go. I stood there waiting for my bags to go in the right direction. My bags arrived shortly after muster. They handle so many bags. Its all about color to them. When we print out our own tags, color changes due to the printers. Just make sure your name etc. is on the bag.

Well so funny you ask that question. I call mine redneck luggage tags. I put them in little snack size plastic baggies and then punch a hole at the end and put a ribbon through it and tie on to luggage. Everyone thinks I am crazy and that it is cute and not redneck, haha. But protects them from getting wet and be torn in handling. :)

We went to Office Max and had them laminated, then punched a hole in them and ran zip ties through the holes to attach them. Honestly this was total over kill, mailing tape would have sufficed, just don't put them on until you get to the port, or at least land at the airport...Lord knows those gorillas at the airport don't need to be confused anymore than they are. :)

LOL - I've always done the packing tape thing and then punched holes and zip tied them in two places. They've made it through 2 flights down, on and off the cruise, and two flights back and were still there. Unfortunately the one of my bags was so mangled the metal frame was hanging out of it when it came back - but the darn luggage tag was still there!!! :eek:

I'm one of those people always puts the cruise tags on before we fly so they know where to send the luggage if they lose it!!!

I was really glad I had covered the tags with the packing tape on one cruise where we arrived at the airport in the pouring raing, had our flight delayed, went back home for the night, back to the airport the next morning in the pouring rain - if those tags hadn't been encased in something they'd have been a soggy mess by then!

How about 2 layers of packing tape or clear contact paper? I also staple as well but then punch a hole and attach using some sort of plastic tie, the kind that you can'r ever open unless you cut then off. Which can be done with a nail clipper once you get onboard for the return trip home. I also bring a return homemade tag in the same fashion as well so that it only has one address on it for each leg of the trip. I put phone numbers on it as well.

print on heavy stock

glue together

staple

clear packing tape

more staples

more clear tape

drill a hole at end

tie wrap through the hole

attach to handle

clear tape around the tie wrap

you should be good to go :)

:confused:i was told years ago by TA not to attach cruiseline tags until after our flight had landed in port city; something to do with the bags possibly being misdirected

thinking it'd be alot easier to attach my home-made ones before we get to the airport:), although i do always drag duct tape along jik luggage zipper decides to break - ha

I'm going to use self laminating pouches that I got from Walmart and punch a hole in them then put them on the luggage with zipties that I got from the dollar store.

Ok, this is a good idea. :D There's a Wal-Mart not so far from where I live so I might try this. It'd be a lot easier and faster than wraping them with packing tape which is what I usually do. Thanks!! :D

Archived