Is the royal dolphin swim worth it?

wander2beaches

The entrance to the turtle farm is included, but, you only get to visit a few things in the turtle farm. I think just like the petting turtle pool and somewhere else. If you want to pay extra money, you will have access to the whole turtle farm, which would then include the snorkel lagoon and the swimming pool. Check out their website for a map to download.

There is no "beach" per say near the dolphins and turtle farm. You will need to go further west and up to the more popular area of Seven Mile Beach to get sandy beaches etc... The coastline near the dolphins is very rocky.

Thank you Kathy0418 for the information. Anything anyone can tell me is helpful. But I have to ask another really dumb question, "Where is the Grand Cayman Board?" I thought this was the board for Grand Cayman, sorry. Thank You. Lori

Sorry this is that board. I'm subscribed to a carnival one and also roll call so I got confused. Here is the reply I got when I asked if there was a beach nearby.

"There is easy access for snorkeling by the Cracked Conch restaurant which is quite close to Boatswains Bay and Dolphin Discovery. Enter the water down the ladder by the bar.

There is NO beach at this location nor within a short walk. The coast in this are is rugged ironshore"

Thanks all! You're absolutely right! You do not have to do it all in one vacation. That's the ultimate conclusion we reached, rather than stressing over it. We talked to dolphin Discovery and converted our already paid for reservation into a Certificate that is good at any of the 6 dolphinariums for the next 365 days! We just figure we will take another trip around the same time next year and make use of our certificate then.

Dolphin Discovery was very easy to work with - their live chat is wonderful! they emailed me the certificate within an hour.

Thanks!

I did the Royal Dolphin Swim in Hawaii and it was wonderful! My favorite part was the foot push. You never realize how powerful and gentle they are until you are in the water interacting with them. I would highly recommend doing the royal swim.

Anyone interested in the dolphin swim can try booking through shoretrips dot com. I've read good reviews and I believe they will give you a full refund if your ship doesn't port. I'm booking through the ship because I'm only doing the encounter. Good luck and let us know how you like it. Going in November.:D

We also had to transfer from Cozumel to Grand Cayman. We are on the Carnival Glory 05/30/09 doing the Dolphin Swim Adventure (Not Royal) at 11:00 am on June 2. Husband, myself, and our 4 kids. We are going to Complete our swim and then stop at the Turtle Farm for the things offered for free. Then move on to Seven Mile Beach for a little snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

You can go to google and type in dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park. That will take you straight to the parks web site. You can book a dolphin swim there or call them to book.

You can also click on deals and get a discount if you book so many days out from your trip. I know you can get 20% off if you book 60 days away and 15% if you book 45 days

away. There are a couple of more deals the closer you book the dolphin swim, but I can't remember what they were. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:cool:

You wou would be better off to do Stingray City which is an outstanding experience, is not harmful to the animals and cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world. Dolphin Encounters are not embraced by people who love animals and love interacting with them, in fact whole islands are boycotted. Visit spots like stingraycity.org and caymanislands.ky to get lots of info. Good luck!

Gimme a break. If you like animals or mammals and don't belong to Peta then do the dolphins and enjoy youself.:confused:

Bawen:

Firstly, I don't belong to Peta. I am; however, an animal lover; enjoy interacting with animals and am also a supporter of the rights of other living creatures which share the planet earth along with me. Perhaps if you did a little research, as I have done extensively, you would become more aware of the well documented facts concerning the heartbreaking way these beautiful creatures of the sea are captured. They are then subjected to being held captive in a small pen and living an inferior quality of life which is quite different and quite stressful than their natural environment out in the open ocean. It has been well proven and well documented, that "swim with dolphin programs" are cruel and inhumane from the standpoint of the dolphin. Tons of information can be found on the Internet - all one has to do is look it up. It is truly unfortunate that the greed of humans started these programs and that the need of humans for such pathetic so called "entertainment' continues to exist.

I truly applaud caymanite's suggestion. I also applaud any individual or enterprise that would boycott such an activity that inflicts such cruel and inhumane treatment on such beautiful living creatures.

Blondie

• 3 months later...
Bawen:

Firstly, I don't belong to Peta. I am; however, an animal lover; enjoy interacting with animals and am also a supporter of the rights of other living creatures which share the planet earth along with me. Perhaps if you did a little research, as I have done extensively, you would become more aware of the well documented facts concerning the heartbreaking way these beautiful creatures of the sea are captured. They are then subjected to being held captive in a small pen and living an inferior quality of life which is quite different and quite stressful than their natural environment out in the open ocean. It has been well proven and well documented, that "swim with dolphin programs" are cruel and inhumane from the standpoint of the dolphin. Tons of information can be found on the Internet - all one has to do is look it up. It is truly unfortunate that the greed of humans started these programs and that the need of humans for such pathetic so called "entertainment' continues to exist.

I truly applaud caymanite's suggestion. I also applaud any individual or enterprise that would boycott such an activity that inflicts such cruel and inhumane treatment on such beautiful living creatures.

Blondie

What about riding horses? Do you think horses love trotting round and round riding rings so their riders can learn to ride? Do you think they love being whipped on the race track? Do you think they love pulling heavy loads on farms or in pulling contests? Yet, I never hear of a free the horse foundation. While I do see you point, I don't think it is any worse than riding a horse.

Plus there are fewer dolphins in these encounter areas than there are in aquariums and zoos where they can only swim round and round a circular tank. At least they get fresh air, sunlight, and, hopefully, kindly interaction with humans. Dolphins are being trained to work for the navy, as are penguins, and dogs are put to work as seeing eye dogs, police dogs, drug sniffers, and trackers. Not all human/animal interaction is viewed as a bad thing. Why should dolphin/human interaction be viewed differently?

Archived