Odd things to take on QM2

cruise junky joan

There are 4 outlets on the desk in the average rooms. Two are american and 2 are european. My advice would be to pack two converters to make use of all four plugs and if in a pinch you can always bring a power strip and use the plugs under the beds that the lamps plug into.

You've lost me on this .....

What could possibly be brought into the cabin to use every outlet? Perhaps your PC, a waffle-iron, Mr Coffee....

Isn't a powerstrip going a little too far?

That's asking for a nice power surge, and blowing out a few fuses. The chief engineer will be at your door in no time to

take all those wires, and wrap you up in them.

:wink:

Seriously, I'm not sure what more a passenger could plug in the cabin outlets, when everything is provided.

I hear the ship has hair dyrers and refigerators in the cabins.

Usually, the only need I have for the outlets are to plug in my portable cd player.

But, I guess others set up a tea kettle or something.

That's a nice feature on the P&O ships. Every cabin has a tea/coffee maker, which is dandy if you need a pre-cuppa cuppa.

As for the powerstrip under the desk, I'm sure you can satisfy my curiousity.

:-)

We had an alarm clock, phone charger, camera charger, curling iron, hair dryer (the one in the room works for bald men with crew cuts), electric tooth brush and maybe more. Not all at once of course but a power strip is convenient and we have always taken one. You do not need the converter then. Dean

We had an alarm clock, phone charger, camera charger, curling iron, hair dryer (the one in the room works for bald men with crew cuts), electric tooth brush and maybe more.

Wow! I've never thought about it, but I'm suddenly feeling terribly manual... my alarm clock winds up, my cell phone is left firmly at home (personal choice on that one, I know how important a cell phone is to many people), my camera still uses 35mm film and the battery lasts forever (though I carry a spare), curling iron and hair dryer, nope, short hair here and a manual toothbrush. Already my luggage feels pounds lighter. (Check with me again after I lug it through Heathrow.) :D

What I do take with me is a small, sturdy bottle with a tight fitting lid that contains collar stays in various sizes for my dress shirts. Very little looks sillier than a shirt and tie combination where the collar points are pointing back up to my chin!

Okay: We had the following: two digital cameras, two cell phones(because we have children home with sitters and people to meet on shore), a set of walkie talkies, an iron(contraband I know), a curling iron, a blow dryer, because theirs wouldn't dry a cracker in the desert, and a night light. I realize you can't plug in everything at once or even multiple items with a heavy draw but really having to unplug one item to plug in another was a pain. I suggested the power strip because the outlets are so close together we couldn't plug in both cameral adapters at the same time. There is a method to the madness. Joan

We use the wake up calls on the phone, fully charge our cell phones before leaving home and only use them for emergency and very short calls. Our camera gets charged at night, blow dryer, have to agree on that one, we take our own, gave up on curling irons years ago and use a round brush. Pack so we don't have wrinkles, left the night light at home and realized we didn't really need it after all. The walkie talkies, hmmm, we have an agreement that we'll see ya when we see ya! I can't imagine how much heavier our luggage would be bringing along all the junk I read about on these boards. One or two plugs always works for us.

Archived