Royal Carribean or Carnival??

mojo22

Wanting to cruise to Alaska next year. Have cruised Royal 2 years ago, first and only cruise. Other than the hard sell, really enjoyed Royal. Carnival is quite a bit cheaper though. It's hard reading the boards, one person loved there cruise, other people had a horrid time on the same cruise...you know what I mean. Taking my 16 year old son. Royal would play movies during the day, would have "new" movies (not yet out on dvd playing on the tvs). I thought the food was pretty decent. Good time. How does Carnival compare?

Our last Alaska cruise was on NCL. This time we are going with RCI for the Alaska cruise because we are also doing a cruise tour. I don't think that Carnival offers those.

We enjoy both RCI and Carnival. We started cruising Carnival because of the incredible value Carnival offers, but we still cruise other lines. I'm not sure that you could go wrong with either.

Right now a parrallel discussion is going on. (It usually is)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=982321

I'm so glad we've stopped talking about the PIG HINI flu and have returned to our staples of achohol smuggling, good deals, and line comparisons. All we need now is a current F-deck and Jeans in the dining room thread!

Archived