Celebrity Constellation September 5 2009 TransAtlantic

acc70

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan and sean, happily together 38 years, married in california one year will be on board. We are from brea california. Flying to london a few days early . We love cruising and have done so many times. Hope to meet some of you on the cruise.

Well, sometimes it seems like a life time, sometimes it seems like we met just yesterday. We will be on the penthouse deck . We sure need a vacation and this seems like it will be just wonderful.

Hi Sean & Dan: We are on the Penthouse Deck as well (Room 6143, I think). We are traveling with Andy's brother and his Partner (Steve & Steve)--they are in the room next to ours. Looking forward to meeting you and being neighbors! We just celebrated our 16th Anniversary (in Las Vegas) this past March. On our last Transatlantic, the first night for Friends of Dorothy, there were 60 people showed up!

Hey Gert: You are already everybody's best friend!

Well, sometimes it seems like a life time, sometimes it seems like we met just yesterday. We will be on the penthouse deck . We sure need a vacation and this seems like it will be just wonderful.

Has anyone booked to take the bus into paris. If not are any of you going on the train? We were thinking to take the bus and get the tour, might be asier than trying to do it alone? What say you all?

Bus to Paris: Good idea. It's a long drive so it's better to do it w/ the cruiseline in case of any mishaps. We did that excursion 2 yrs ago & I thought we accomplished quite a bit in the time we had allotted. Trains in Paris are good too. IMHO stick w/cruise bus if not familiar w/area.

Art & Andrew: Penthouse too!!! Damn! I have a feeling there are going to be lots of parties up there. and best friends are invited right????? LOL

Gert

Sean & Dan: If you have never been to Paris, the Celebrity Bus Tour is worth it. We did it (the River Luncheon Cruise was included), enjoyed it a great deal, but it is a very, very long day. And you see most of Paris from the bus. We were only allowed off the bus three times--once on each side of the Eifel Tower, and then when we got off to do the Luncheon Cruse on the river (that was the best part of the whole day, and well worth the bus ride to get there).

Has anyone booked to take the bus into paris. If not are any of you going on the train? We were thinking to take the bus and get the tour, might be asier than trying to do it alone? What say you all?

Hi Everybody, We too will join Constellation September 5th. Ralph & Mark from South Beach. 20 years together. traveling with lots of friends, so booked both Penthouses for entertaining. Looking forward to it!

Hi Ralph and Mark,

We are Steve and Steve and will be your next door neighbors, at least on the port side of the ship. We are in cabin 6145, and Steve's brother Andy and his partner Art are right next to us in cabin 6143. We are all looking forward to a fantastic cruise and meeting both of you and all of your friends.

Steve and Steve

Dan and sean, happily together 38 years, married in california one year will be on board. We are from brea california. Flying to london a few days early . We love cruising and have done so many times. Hope to meet some of you on the cruise.

Welcome Dan and Sean,

Andy, of Andrew and Art just brought this board to my attention. We are Steve and Steve from Oviedo Florida, near Orlando. We love cruising too, and enjoy cruising Celebrity as often as we can. I'm sure they'll be lots of time to meet both of you on this cruise. While the first five port days will be more intense than the remainder of the cruise, I'm sure it will be loads of fun. See you on board.

Steve and Steve

Hello Steve & Steve, We are actually in 6148, (6147 is being occupied by my good friends from Orlando), so we won't be neighbors per se, but close enough! We too are looking forward to this cruise. the main reason for this trip is to celebrate my mom's 70th b-day, so needless to say, she's over the moon (so to speak)! We generally don't partake in the FOD functions as we prefer to make our own get together in our Penthouse. MUCH more fun! Maybe you would like to join? I'm trying to attach a pic, hope it works!

1190035538_MarkRalphMercury.jpg.fd8661575dceb3a4ffad49008e53d743.jpg

Hello Steve & Steve, We are actually in 6148, (6147 is being occupied by my good friends from Orlando), so we won't be neighbors per se, but close enough! We too are looking forward to this cruise. the main reason for this trip is to celebrate my mom's 70th b-day, so needless to say, she's over the moon (so to speak)! We generally don't partake in the FOD functions as we prefer to make our own get together in our Penthouse. MUCH more fun! Maybe you would like to join? I'm trying to attach a pic, hope it works!

What a nice way of celebrating your mom's 70th birthday!! Your picture attachment worked perfectly. I'm attaching a picture of Steve and myself from our last cruise on the Constellation last summer in the Baltic. We look forward to meeting both of you, and would love to visit with you in your Penthouse, and of course wish your mother a very happy 70th birthday. Andy, Steve's brother and his partner are also traveling with us. I'll have to have Andy who is an accomplished pianist, brush up on Happy Birthday, to play for your mother.

As we are from Oviedo, a northeast suburb of Orlando, it will be fun to know are neighbors on the cruise are also our neighbors from home.

We are flying into London the day before the cruise and staying overnight at the London Heathrow Hilton, before heading to the cruiseship on Saturday morning.

Can't wait for the cruise and to meet all of you.

All our best,

Steve and Steve

P1040206.jpg.44ea0963494e8672c5bf221a0dcabbd9.jpg

Hi Steve & Steve, We arrive LHR the morning of the cruise. a quick shower and breakfast in Virgin's arrival lounge, followed by a 10am car service to the ship. My mom arrives from SFO earlier then us, so will see her on the ship. maybe we can communicate via email?

Here is my email address. Capsteve777 at Yahoo dot com.

Hopefully by listing it this way I won't get spam.

A&a thanks for the advice on the bus tour of paris. We have booked through the cruise line , i think you are right about not taking chances . I checked over the bus tour and it seems like it would be fun and easier than trying to do it our selves by train, etc. I have been packing for days, trying to keep it down to two big cases and two carry-ons. I think i just might do it! Lol looking forward to meeting all of you guys and mom's birthday seems like a blast. As for fod parties, we have been to only one in our past 10 cruises...on our panama canal cruise, r c, was rather a bust...only two other guys showed up. Any way, hope to see you all on board.

Look forward to seeing you all on board, seems like a real social group so far. A friend is loaning me a flat in West Kensington on the 3rd and the 4th, then head up to Harwich from there.

Anyone have any idea of the size of the group from Pied Piper?

Hi JohnnyT--I have not seen any posts in regards to a Pied Piper group, not to say there isn't one. From the other thread it does look like there will be many FOD members. We arrive London early morning the 4th and will stay at the Hilton there at the airport. The four of us are taking a van over to the port Saturday morning and hope to be there and on board by noon. Have fun in London, and again, looking forward to meeting you. Art

Look forward to seeing you all on board, seems like a real social group so far. A friend is loaning me a flat in West Kensington on the 3rd and the 4th, then head up to Harwich from there.

Anyone have any idea of the size of the group from Pied Piper?

Archived