Just off FOS today - Ask away

What cabin did you have? Was it docked at dock 10? How was embarkation and debarkation? Did you do the anytime dining? We are booked for Aug. 23 in an aft cabin. Can't wait! We have been on Mariner and Voyager but this is our first Freedom class sailing. Thanks, MJN

Crosby;

Are you a diamond Member?? And if so, was there much talk of the changes in the Concierge Lounge?

We are going in July and I am curious about the Diamond Lounge too.

Is it available 24/7 like the C.L.?

Is there the same coffee/capacino set up as the C.L. ?

Are there laptops available for the internet like in the C.L.?

We have never been on this large of a ship and are worried about feeling CROWDED. When we were on the Mariner, it always felt crowded in the Windjammer and the Dining Room (compared to all the other ships we've been on). Did you feel that way on the Freedom?

Also, did you try out the "FlowRider"? How did they have the schedule of when people could try it? Was there much of a line?

Did they have the Quest, and if so, did they have it in Studio B??

Did they have the Parades down the Promenade like on the Mariner? If so, what nights and what time?

I see they have the "On Air Club" that is dedicated to Kareoke. What kind of evening entertainment do they have in the "Pharoah's Lounge"? We like to dance and are hoping there will be live band music there.

Hope I haven't overloaded you; but we are anxious and really looking forward to this.

Thanks.

I just got off the FOS today also and had a great time. We loved every minute of it. The cruise director was awesome.

My girlfriend and I loved the Flowrider. We were up every morning at 8:15 for surfing. There is a posted schedule of all the times. There is a posted schedule of all the riding times for boggie boarding and surfing. Lines are short in the mornings for surfing and get long for boggie boarding mid day with a goood 20 min wait and then surfing again after 4..the lines are long though, also 15-20 min wait. We took 3 private lessons where u get the flowrider yourself for an hour and we had a blast!

Quest was in Studio B.

Did the cruise director do the evolution of dance? I believe he is the one on youtube.

What was your best onshore excursion?

I'm glad you had a good time. I'm looking at the Freedom of the Seas right now on the Port Canaveral cam. Can't wait for our cruise next month.

Kam-

I also wanted to rent the flowrider for an hour with my soon to be husband(its our honeymoon), how much was it and when do you suggest signing up for it?

Are there any theme parties that I should prepare for? Outfits, etc?

Im leaving in 20 days and couldnt be more excited!

Lynne #2

did you hear of anyone being sick? we are getting on tomorrow.

I am hoping that embarktion goes smoother than the Indie did in November~nightmare! Didn't get into my cabin until just before 4.

Nobody was sick as far as I could see. A few days into the cruise they did put out the hand sanitizer.

We were on the ship by 11:00 and to our rooms I think by 1:00

What cabin did you have? Was it docked at dock 10? How was embarkation and debarkation? Did you do the anytime dining? We are booked for Aug. 23 in an aft cabin. Can't wait! We have been on Mariner and Voyager but this is our first Freedom class sailing. Thanks, MJN

We were in cabin 8667 which is inside aft. I found it to be a very crowded cabin but there were 4 of us in it. Embarkation went very smooth and was pretty fast. Debarkation - we were suppose to be off by 6L00 - 6:15 but did not get off until around 7:30. It took a while for customs to clear us. We did not do the anytime dining.

Crosby;

Are you a diamond Member?? And if so, was there much talk of the changes in the Concierge Lounge?

We are going in July and I am curious about the Diamond Lounge too.

Is it available 24/7 like the C.L.?

Is there the same coffee/capacino set up as the C.L. ?

Are there laptops available for the internet like in the C.L.?

We have never been on this large of a ship and are worried about feeling CROWDED. When we were on the Mariner, it always felt crowded in the Windjammer and the Dining Room (compared to all the other ships we've been on). Did you feel that way on the Freedom?

Also, did you try out the "FlowRider"? How did they have the schedule of when people could try it? Was there much of a line?

Did they have the Quest, and if so, did they have it in Studio B??

Did they have the Parades down the Promenade like on the Mariner? If so, what nights and what time?

I see they have the "On Air Club" that is dedicated to Kareoke. What kind of evening entertainment do they have in the "Pharoah's Lounge"? We like to dance and are hoping there will be live band music there.

Hope I haven't overloaded you; but we are anxious and really looking forward to this.

Thanks.

Sorry not a diamond member, just a gold!

The Windjammer was crowded at peak times. It did not bother me though.

Yes, I tried the flowrider - lots of fun. The lines were not that bad when I went. Maybe at the most 10 in front of you.

The quest show was in Studio B. I could not get a seat. Get there early! It was too small of a location for such a great time. I had to watch the monitors.

Parades - yes they had them. The first one was the first night. We also went to the circus one on the last night. That one was at 5:45.

We only went to BINGO in the Pharoahs lounge sorry!

Do you know how much it was for the hour to reserve the flowrider???

Also, did they do anything to compensate for the missed port at Cozumel?

I am on FOS in 3 weeks and can't wait!

I don't know what everyone else got but we received $11.00 per person in our party and a great day at sea.

Did the cruise director do the evolution of dance? I believe he is the one on youtube.

What was your best onshore excursion?

I'm glad you had a good time. I'm looking at the Freedom of the Seas right now on the Port Canaveral cam. Can't wait for our cruise next month.

Yes, he did and yes he is! It was awesome!!

Kam-

I also wanted to rent the flowrider for an hour with my soon to be husband(its our honeymoon), how much was it and when do you suggest signing up for it?

Are there any theme parties that I should prepare for? Outfits, etc?

Im leaving in 20 days and couldnt be more excited!

Lynne #2

$60 a person for a one hour private lesson...need a minimum of 3 to have class and a max of 8 people

$300 to rent for an hour..can have as many people as you want.

We signed up for the first lesson on the 1st day at sea which was at 7:45pm and had a total of 3 in our class which was great. The second class was on the 3rd day and had 4 people. Third class had 6 people.

I suggest signing up the first day u get on the ship and a lesson as soon as you can so there will be less people in your class. Also when you go during open hours you will know how to surf all on your own and show everyone your moves..All the instructors are great. Just tell them u know Leo and Tracy and they will treat you great.

Most important thing surfing on the Flowrider is to keep all your weight on your back foot and have your back foot as far as you can without your toes hanging off it.

As far as theme parties...there is a night called Dancing in the Streets and that was a 70's theme. and there was a 80's party in Studio B one night. There is a Surf attire night for dinner one night.

$60 a person for a one hour private lesson...need a minimum of 3 to have class and a max of 8 people

$300 to rent for an hour..can have as many people as you want.

We signed up for the first lesson on the 1st day at sea which was at 7:45pm and had a total of 3 in our class which was great. The second class was on the 3rd day and had 4 people. Third class had 6 people.

I suggest signing up the first day u get on the ship and a lesson as soon as you can so there will be less people in your class. Also when you go during open hours you will know how to surf all on your own and show everyone your moves..All the instructors are great. Just tell them u know Leo and Tracy and they will treat you great.

Most important thing surfing on the Flowrider is to keep all your weight on your back foot and have your back foot as far as you can without your toes hanging off it.

As far as theme parties...there is a night called Dancing in the Streets and that was a 70's theme. and there was a 80's party in Studio B one night. There is a Surf attire night for dinner one night.

If I want to have flowrider for my family of 4 for the hour alone, do I need to pay the full $300? I imagine so, but from what you're saying, unless I signed up the 4 of us at $60 each, the only way to get it for $240 is if no one else signed up. Correct?

Thanks

We were on the Western. Which one are you doing?

A must see are all of the shows - they were all fantastic. Also, the crusie director is super.

Thanks for the info! I get on her on Sunday, yay!!

Do you know, what time did the lines start for the tender in Grand Cayman? I have an early morning non-ship excursion and am trying to figure out what time i need to be in line.

thanks!

Archived