Just off FOS today - Ask away

We're also looking forward to an Aug. sailing on FOS, Eastern itinerary. Does anyone know when the formal nights will be, or what would be the best nights to make reservations for Chops and Portofinos?

I'm not sure what the best night is but we went on the night that it was a big seafood night. We went to Portofinos - the food was AMAZING!!:D

If I want to have flowrider for my family of 4 for the hour alone, do I need to pay the full $300? I imagine so, but from what you're saying, unless I signed up the 4 of us at $60 each, the only way to get it for $240 is if no one else signed up. Correct?

Thanks

Yeah thats the only way to get it for $240 is if no one else signs up.

We also just got off the Freedom, it was our 13th cruise and we loved it!!!

The cruise director WAS great! Our waiter in the dining room was fantastic and everyone treated our 4 year old birthday boy like a king!

I did not hear of anyone getting sick and people really took advantage of the hand sanitizer-probably because of the swine flu and not noro virus.

My parents were with us and they are diamond. They went to the "diamond" lounge regularly. They said it was pretty quiet.

We did notice a few of the latest cut backs but none of them REALLY bothered us. Since there was no chocolate on my pillow at night I made a regular evening run to the promenade for a fudge brownie!!!:p I miss that already;)

The Windjammer was always busy but it was not crowded. We never waited in a line. The staff there does a great job of helping parties find tables and anything else you may need. They had people coming around to get drinks, we did not notice that on the Mariner last year.

The only time I felt that the ship was crowded was the days at sea. It is not easy to find a chair on the pool level after 10 am.

Unfortunately we had to miss Mexico but most people understood the situation, our party was glad it was cx. Cozumel is not worth the risk. One year we couldnt go into Cayman because of the rough seas. I was very disappointed so when we got home I booked another cruise:D

We had a family promenade room, we loved it! My in-laws had an inside and my parents a balcony. Everyone was happy, love the king beds!

It was a great trip, I even won $23 at bingo!

My only problem with RCCL is the price of the 3rd/4th persons. For this reason we may "try" some other lines again. We shall see!

Can you tell me, is the water in the pools and hot tub salt water or fresh water? Salt water really irritates my son's skin. On the Mariner 2 1/2 years ago, he stuck to the hot tub, as it was fresh while the pool was salt water.

We're also looking forward to an Aug. sailing on FOS, Eastern itinerary. Does anyone know when the formal nights will be, or what would be the best nights to make reservations for Chops and Portofinos?

On our eastern out of Miami Formal nights were night 2 (sea day) and 5 (St. Maarten). As noted above - the best night for a specialty restaurant is based upon your personal tastes. We did Chops and Portifino on Wednesday (ST. Thomas - Surf Menu) and Saturday (the Last night - Feast of Nations). These are our least two favorite menus but everyone is different.

I have NEVER played Bingo (except in Elementary school), but for some reason sounds like it'd be fun on the cruise (actually, I think EVERYTHING onboard sounds fun! ;))...how much to play on board? What kind of prizes are there? anything besides cash?

Just returned from FOS today. Had a wonderful time. If you have any questions just ask away and I will try to answer them.:o

We leave in 4 days, one of the stops is in Labadee, can you bring food, or clothing for the islanders who are working there? I heard the guards are very firm with the workers. We wanted to stop in town on our way from the airport to the Cape Canaveral and buy some bags of beans and rice to bring to shore for them. If they aren't allowed, then we will not bother.

$60 a person for a one hour private lesson...need a minimum of 3 to have class and a max of 8 people

$300 to rent for an hour..can have as many people as you want.

We signed up for the first lesson on the 1st day at sea which was at 7:45pm and had a total of 3 in our class which was great. The second class was on the 3rd day and had 4 people. Third class had 6 people.

I suggest signing up the first day u get on the ship and a lesson as soon as you can so there will be less people in your class. Also when you go during open hours you will know how to surf all on your own and show everyone your moves..All the instructors are great. Just tell them u know Leo and Tracy and they will treat you great.

Most important thing surfing on the Flowrider is to keep all your weight on your back foot and have your back foot as far as you can without your toes hanging off it.

As far as theme parties...there is a night called Dancing in the Streets and that was a 70's theme. and there was a 80's party in Studio B one night. There is a Surf attire night for dinner one night.

Surf attire? Does this just mean like tropical shirts? Boys look good, girls not so much. Sun dress that day!

The only time I felt that the ship was crowded was the days at sea. It is not easy to find a chair on the pool level after 10 am.

Do you know how many people were on the ship (i.e. was it fully booked)? I've seen several threads about "chair hogs", were there staff patrolling the deck o confiscate belongings that were left on chairs for a long time with no one coming by.

We just got off the Freedom this past Sunday. Parking at Port Canaveral is $12 a day and they have both open and covered (parking garage) parking. They do have the "pool patrol" running around the pool areas and I have seen them on several occasions removing lonely towels ;).

Lots of hand sanitizer stations on almost every corner available. At check in we also had to sign a form that no one in our party has had any flu like symptoms within the past several days (cough, runny nose, fever, vomiting etc). If you did have a problem a ship medical stuff was supposed to check you out. So I guess they were pretty strict. In regards to the pools, I had the feeling they used a combination of salt water and chlorine in the pools but I may be wrong. They had 2 parades, one was later in the evening on the first day and one was on the last day at 545pm. Midnight buffet was on Saturday.

Archived