Disappointed in rccl

We actually got both the OBC and discount. How i did it was we booked while on another cruise and got $100 OBC/cabin, Then when I went to pay in full got a NY residency discount special $360/cabin so total savings was $920. However it was just a fluke that I called to pay and the rep mentioned the discount. Checked the latest invoice and the OBC is still listed. Printed it out too. Im not taking any chances. As per OP keep watching the web site u never know and enjoy your cruise!:cool::)

Also in the fine print under the "WOW: sale, the price is what you pay, and if the price goes down, you don't get the lower price. Don't know if they changed that or not. Also, last year I booked a WOW sale, and found out I couldn't use my diamond balcony discount. So, no sale in my eyes. I canceled the WOW sale booking, and did a regular one. IMHO, the "WOW" sale is to attract new customers, not to keep the loyal royals happy.

We booked our cruise a few weeks ago, and prior to booking I called and asked if any discounts came out if they could be applied to our booking. I knew something would come out yet, and was considering waiting for a discount. I was assured that anything that was offered, could be applied and was encouraged to book as soon as possible. However, this weekend I saw that there is a sale next week that would allow us a $200 onboard credit. I called to see what I could do to have it applied and was told this was for new bookings only. They will not even allow you to cancel and rebook again during the sale. I really feel that I was lied to by the customer service agent I spoke to, but unfortunately, they are not willing to work with us at all. I have called and sent an email to the complaints department. Thanks for listening to my rant. We have cruised with at least 5 other cruise lines and RCCL has been our favourite. However, I am not sure I will ever book with them again, as I know other cruise lines have always honored these types of discounts.

Your referring to a "sale" and not a general drop in booking prices. Two totally separate entities altogether.

If there where a drop in general booking prices, you would get that applied to your booking, but they are trying to encourage "new bookings" with a sale, hence the for "new bookings" only stipulation.

Pretty open and shut i would say.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and advice. I realize that the discounts and sales are different, it is just that they didn't tell me there were two different things when I checked with them prior to booking. We are on a 2 week cruise, so it would have been the full $200. Our flights are booked and there is nothing we can do, but I am still disappointed. However, we are planning on having a wonderful time on our cruise!!:D

Thanks for all of your encouragement and advice. I realize that the discounts and sales are different, it is just that they didn't tell me there were two different things when I checked with them prior to booking. We are on a 2 week cruise, so it would have been the full $200. Our flights are booked and there is nothing we can do, but I am still disappointed. However, we are planning on having a wonderful time on our cruise!!:D

And you definitely will, don't let this little hiccup get you down, some of us don't even have a cruise booked :(

Happy Cruising!

Disneygirl.........

Keep checking the price of your cruise on their website.....like you have never booked one. Just fill in the month, port of departure, ship, and destination you want. Find your level of room and keep and eye on the price. This is what I did for our 6/21/09 cruise that we booked on our 6/21/08 cruise. In April, the price of my 2 rooms dropped $312.00 per room. I called RCCL, informed them of the price difference, and they credited my account. Last Monday, the price dropped again $260.00 PER ROOM. Did the same thing. Got the credit. On FRIDAY of that same week, I checked again....each room dropped ANOTHER $140.00! Got the credit. Sadly....this week, there was no price drop.

Moral of the story: Just keep watching!!!!!!!

Lesson #1 is to book what you are comfortable with. If you like your cabin selection and are comfortable with the price then go right ahead.

Lesson #2 is to continue watching that category and if by chance there is a reduction in price you are free to call and request it.

No one has the "right" to expect an upgrade or price reduction and should always be happy and pleased if some bargain presents itself.

Check the price of your cruise on the WOW sale days. I've seen reports here on the boards of prices sometimes being escalated for these sales so if the price is higher than what you booked at, it may make you feel better. ;)

You are right about that. The cruise we just booked on the last WOW sale was cheaper a few days before the sale. Overall we only ended up saving a few dollars, but I figured if we waited the price may go up again.

I'm hoping for a price cut closer to the sail date, but am happy with the price we got.

Archived