Carnival Pride Review 4/27-5/3

Great review. We're thinking of giving Carnival another try in Feb 2010. The Baltimore port is about 3 1/2 hours away so the drive would be nice instead of flying. The debarkation chaos would be averted by just hanging out untl 9:30-10:00. Since we would be driving, what's the rush.

Thanks for your review, I am glad to hear good things about the service. I do have one question about arrival for embarkation. The Pride was already in the port the day before you left so getting to the ship early was important like most cruises are. But this ship from now on will not even arrive in port for disembarkation until 10:00 am. What time did you get off and how many people were still left on to disembark. This will be a better indication for us next week what time to arrive at the port. If the ship takes 2 hours to clear out we should not arrive until Noon or later.

Thanks for your review, I am glad to hear good things about the service. I do have one question about arrival for embarkation. The Pride was already in the port the day before you left so getting to the ship early was important like most cruises are. But this ship from now on will not even arrive in port for disembarkation until 10:00 am. What time did you get off and how many people were still left on to disembark. This will be a better indication for us next week what time to arrive at the port. If the ship takes 2 hours to clear out we should not arrive until Noon or later.

We got off at 1030ish and there were alot of people left on board. So I would say maybe 11ish

Great review, I can't wait to see the pictures. Will be on here is July and wondering about the boarding times just as everybody else. We will probably have to wait till after this week to get a good idea.

I was also on this cruise and had a VERY positive experience! Cannot wait to go again.

I posted a small review on the thread called simply "pride" (lower case).

Re: the Legends show, I recall Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Gloria Estefan, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Garth Brooks, maybe one or two more that I am forgetting.

The stage shows were "Wonderful World" and "Vrooom" which I liked.

This is a really good review. Thanks so much. You hit pretty much all the topics that I was interested in. Was the barefoot cruise with Carnival or is it a separate company?

Also, if it's not a delicate question... what was your eventual outlay for the Sign and Sail (?) card? If drinks are $10 each I would be killed. How many people did you pay for? Is the total including the 'semi-mandatory' tips?

Thanks for the review, my wife and I are in are late 20's and can't wait, we will be hitting up every bar as well.. We are going on May 30th.. How was the sports Bar? Did they have live games playing while at sea? Did you eat at David's?

This is a really good review. Thanks so much. You hit pretty much all the topics that I was interested in. Was the barefoot cruise with Carnival or is it a separate company?

Also, if it's not a delicate question... what was your eventual outlay for the Sign and Sail (?) card? If drinks are $10 each I would be killed. How many people did you pay for? Is the total including the 'semi-mandatory' tips?

Nick, I think I read a post a weeks or so ago that the Pride still has the drink prices from the west coast, and we know they are higher. I wonder if they have not switched the menus and computer systems. I have never seen prices this high out of Miami.

Nick, I think I read a post a weeks or so ago that the Pride still has the drink prices from the west coast, and we know they are higher. I wonder if they have not switched the menus and computer systems. I have never seen prices this high out of Miami.

Hate to break this to you, Jeffy, but we also paid $9.50 for a Long Island on the Glory in January. Needless to say, we only ordered one. Then again, I only needed one. :eek: I'm wondering if the "West Coast" prices we heard about was really just an increase. I was cleaning out my travel bag last night and found some receipts for that cruise. We didn't drink much so didn't really notice but the prices were around $2 higher per drink than we paid last summer with you guys.

OK all you drinkers -- we were on the Valor in March and I have my bill right in front of me. For 2 drinks at the bar in the Atrium (went there every night) we paid $12.08 for 2 drinks. I had a Kiss on the Lips almost every night!

So how much were they on the Pride this week????

Just returned yesterday so figured I would write something for you anxious cruisers awaiting to go on the pride.

Thanks for the great review; we'll be sailing the Pride on June 6th.

Did you find the ship to be clean? How was your room steward?

Were the waters rought or calm going out?

How long did it take to get under the Bay Bridge?

Thank you for your time!

Regarding drink prices.

I don't have receipts to back up my memory, but I recall a regular margarita running about $5 and change, and Johnny Walker Black and soda being about $9. This was just this past April on Destiny.

Hate to break this to you, Jeffy, but we also paid $9.50 for a Long Island on the Glory in January. Needless to say, we only ordered one. Then again, I only needed one. :eek: I'm wondering if the "West Coast" prices we heard about was really just an increase. I was cleaning out my travel bag last night and found some receipts for that cruise. We didn't drink much so didn't really notice but the prices were around $2 higher per drink than we paid last summer with you guys.

This breaks my heart:eek:.

Thanks for all the info - we're going in August and can't wait.

Two questions... In your opinion, what is the worst night's menu in the dining room? (Which of course would turn into the best night for me to book the supper club;))

And was it rough sailing? I haven't sailed south from this area in years, and seem to remember very rough seas on the way home....

Great review!

Sounds like a good reason to buy the pre-paid drink coupons! Are they affected by east coast/west coast prices (add on charge to use them)?

I'm trying to get in the habit of buying one or two every few weeks so hopefully it can keep the S&S reasonable!

Wow I am loving all the questions

Show times were usally 845 and 1015pm.

Barefoot was booked separately. I heard great reviews of it on here so I booked it. It was great! So glad I did this instead of an excursion with the ship

I used cash for my S&S card. I put down $400 but ended up getting $45 back at the end of the cruise. This included alcohol (I only got mixed drinks and DODs) pictures (which I bought a ton), liquor from shops, bingo. I paid the tips before when we paid the cruise in full. I would just plan on $10 a drink since it was usually around $6-10 after the 15% grat.

Sports bar was nice. We went there a couple times. They pretty much have all the games. We watched the Caps play and some other games as well. But you can also watch the games elsewhere considering on the back of the side (adults area on the deck) they had a TV there as well. Oh and play a game of the life size chess. The guys loved that before we went to dinner.

Unfortunately we didnt eat at davids. We were fine with the regular dining room. But I did see at least 4 couples in there every night.

Cab rides to Our Lucaya are about 20-30 min so plan ahead. yea they are mini vans. $5pp each way

Long islands were $9.50 along with mojitos, margaritas, etc. They were very good and well worth the money.

The ship was very clean. Our room steward was VERY GOOD! She cleaned our room 2x a day and always gave us extra of everything without us even asking.

The water was very calm leaving Baltimore. No rough seas at all. But we didn't hit any storms so that might explain it.

Not really sure how long it took to get under the Bay Bridge. We left at 5:30pm, was at the key bridge by 630ish then by the Bay Bridge by at least 7

There really wasn't a worst nights menu. I loved everything I ordered.

Never bought the coupons, just paid as we went.

Sounds like a good reason to buy the pre-paid drink coupons! Are they affected by east coast/west coast prices (add on charge to use them)?

I'm trying to get in the habit of buying one or two every few weeks so hopefully it can keep the S&S reasonable!

I've had the drink coupons a few times now - I would say 3 out of 4 bartenders will charge you the difference over the amount printed on the coupon if you order a more expensive drink. I think the coupons are only good for 5.75 or something like that? I know DH ordered Manhattans a few times with them last cruise and was charged about 4.00 in addition to the coupon.

Archived