Any recent stays at Intercontinental in Miami??

Mlascheid

Has anyone been to this hotel recently? And if so, how was it? Reading mixed reviews on other sites. Lots if warnings about extra charges, unfriendly staff, etc. How much is overnight parking? How close to BAyside and Port of Miami? Thanks for any info.

It's been years since we've stayed at the HI but to me, it's the most beautiful hotel in downtown Miami. It's at a premium though....the rooms are elegant and the bathrooms are wonderful. The view over Biscayne Bay is excellent especially on the higher floors. You can see all of the ships in port. The pool is nice but the restaurants are very expensive. Not sure about parking but it's just a few steps to Bayside. Not as close as the Holiday Inn but the next closest hotel. It's a definite cut above all the rest of the hotels in downtown Miami (in my opinion). Carnival used to use them as a pre-post hotel but that hasn't been the case for at least 10 years now. We stayed three times there and our visits were the highlights of our vacations! Staff was friendly and accommodating but again, that was when it was a Carnival hotel and many cruisers stayed there.

The Intercontinental is a first class hotel. Parking is $24 daily. Lets just say, you'll won't find their rooms on Priceline or Hotwire. If you have ANY problem or concern during your stay, advise the GM and it will be addressed on the spot. ;)

My wife and I and an other couple stayed at the Intercontinental downtown Miami in August 2004, we booked our rooms thru Priceline for $65 per room. So it is available thru Priceline, usually at a higher rate than the typical 3 star in downtown Miami.

That being said, the hotel and staff were very nice. Only complaint was low water pressure in shower. Sure wish this hotel had balconies, to enjoy its wonderful location. We didn't have a car so can't comment on parking. Bayside is just a short walk (probably not a 1/4 mile) and the port is about a $10 cab ride including tip.

I thought I was staying in this hotel until I realised that I was staying at the Intercontinental West Miami. I was disappointed as the hotel looked very nice indeed. Anyone stayed at the Intercontinental West? This is a pre-cruise stay with Princess.

The Intercontinental is a first class hotel. Parking is $24 daily. Lets just say, you'll won't find their rooms on Priceline or Hotwire. If you have ANY problem or concern during your stay, advise the GM and it will be addressed on the spot. ;)

Actually I have won the Intercontinental on Priceline and so have a lot of other folks. I believe it may be the only hotel that comes up in the downtown district for a four star bid. It is not surprising that this hotel participates as it is owned by the same company that owns Holiday Inn and Holiday Inns come up very very frequently.

There was a winning bid just last month for this hotel for $61 a night. Now that's an awesome deal!!

we stayed at the intercontinental last xmas before our cruise. it was awesome. the hotel is beautiful and....from our window we could see all the cruise ships lined up. the restaurant had a great dinner menu and an even better breakfast buffet. a short cab ride away is the port. we are returning this year after our xmas cruise.

Archived