What am I forgetting???

WineDown17

OK.. I am freaking out now.. 12 months of prep- NOT ENOUGH!!:eek:

If anyone sees something I am forgetting for my 2 YO (asthmatic) Please holler!!

Appreciate the gut check.. 3 days until we leave!

Pull ups (60)Nightime pants (20)pajamasWhite Ts (6)Socks Dress SocksTuxJeans (4)Shorts (3)Polo Shirts (5)Dress SlacksDress ShirtsSneakersDress ShoesBathing SuitTies (2)SweatersSweatshirts (3)Crib Sheets (2)PottyLinersDiaper bagDVD Player/PhonesBooksTeddy, etcBinky/BlankieNebulizerPulmicortXopenexPrednisoneSticker BooksHairbrushBenedrylTylenolThermometerBaby SoapBlanket (1)SnacksJuiceboxesBibsTable Covers/CupsUtensilsMonkey Leash thingStroller /Gear

2 blankets.

and I like to bring at least 2 swimsuits (my younger ones dont like getting into a half wet suit).

and i personally bring a few extra pairs of shorts/shirts because im vacation im a bit anal about my kids being clean. at home i could care less if we are out and about in dirty stuff but on a cruise, i dont want my kids looking grubby and my kids have a tendency to then need 2 outfits a day sometimes.

i like taking tide pens. for those little "oops" kids get on their clothes. i can use a tide pen, rinse it out and hang dry and wear the shirt again without totally laundering it.

on the medical side of things....

and because im a bit over cautious, i take tylenol and ibuprofen for the kids. i also like bringing a couple of tylenol suppositories along (for if they are coughing/puking and cant keep oral stuff down). i found some pedialyte type stuff (i think it was made by gerber) that came in powder pack form.

Wipes! Don't leave home without them! My DD has been potty trained since July, and we STILL buy baby wipes by the case.

They're great for cleaning up faces and hands when no sink is available, helping remove food "oops" from clothing, wiping down the lids of dropped sippy cups, removing bugs from windshields, cleaning off shoes, wiping down tables in public restaurants/cafes, and a bazillion other things.

Yes, baby wipes are the new duct tape. :D

Thanks guys! WIPES!!

Could you imagine????

No beaches this trip- but good catch!!

The Xopenex is levalbuterol.. So CHECK!

Also got a converter for the travel neb for the 2 days in Spain.. and found out if we tried to use our every day nebulizer in Europe, even with a converter, it would fry the unit.. how scary!!

Picked up an over the door organizer, and ordered a CARES. (bit the bullet. ugh.)

And will be posting review with pics once we get home.. Thanks Moms! Happy Mothers Day to all of you!

I'm also asthmatic and I get a travel waiver thing at the pharmacy before I leave home so I can really stock up on inhalers. I'm just afraid I'll lose one, or my luggage will get lost, or my purse will get stollen, and I'll be without my medicine. I always take brand new full inhalers, usually 3-4 sets even for a one week trip. I keep one set in my purse, on in my toilitries bag, and one set in each piece of luggage. I know its overkill but I've gone a day or two without my preventative inhaler while on vacation more than once and it isn't fun. It isn't like I have an asthma attack, but my chest is justa little tight, I'm just a bit short of breath and it makes me really grouchy.

Yep, my dd has been potty trained for 2 years now and we don't leave home without baby wipes, ever. It is a bath in a box! I keep both baby wipes and antibacterial wipes in my purse, as well as antibacterial lotion. When we travel I also keep a change of clothes, a disposable bib and a disposable changing cover in a qt sz ziploc in my purse. These come in very handy for sudden illnesses - I'll spare you the details but I've needed this more than once! ;)

I carry a tiny first aid kit in a snack sz ziploc - bandaids, blister bandaids, moleskin precut into many shapes and sizes, individual pkg of antibiotic ointment.

Powdered pedialyte stuff, kids cold medicine & benedryl in disolvable strips. Bonine for kids, or ask the doctor if ok to split adult bonine in half or quarter. (I guess 2 is too young for most of that, however.)

Mini flashlight - go ahead and laugh but if you've ever been in a hotel without power you won't leave home without one. Not for kids, but I take perscription for everyones glasses/contacts.

*Some kind of dishwashing soap for tippy cups and utinsils?

*DVD's for you dvd player?

You'll love the CARES. Remember to watch your childs height however, I believe the MAX height is 40", my tall dd outgrew the CARES by height at age 3.5 and only 30 pounds so we didn't get much use from ours. :( On the bright side, I resold it on ebay and recouped most of my investment.

FWIW - I always overpack pajamas, undershirts, and wipes, but underpack diapers. I think at home I change diapers as needed, when I travel I use more because I change whenever it is a good time, or when I find a clean changing table - which is more often that "as needed" at home.

Good luck packing!

Bandaids- good call. Will definitely add those, as well as antibiotic ointment.

We are packing a flashlight, so check...

Bought disposable cups/utensils for port days- will pack some soap for the "good toddler utensils" that we will use in the MDR. Great idea.

have lots of DVDs.. new ones and old.

LOL- I even got a small N95 respirator mask JUST IN CASE there is an outbreak on the ship of H1N1.

I think he will do better on the plane with the CARES... and I wont be as nervous!

I found packing a few clothes pins helped....used them mulitple places...kept the curtain closed, clipped a towel to the stroller for added shade when napping, drying bathing suits on the clothes line, and I used them on our Pack N Play cover to keep it from sliding up.

If you don't want to use the ship's laundry you can buy travel clothes soap, either wash in the sink, or put item in a large ziplock bag with some water and soap and shake away. Rinse, and hang (Summit should have one of those retractable clothes lines in the shower stall)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys! WIPES!!

Could you imagine????

No beaches this trip- but good catch!!

The Xopenex is levalbuterol.. So CHECK!

Also got a converter for the travel neb for the 2 days in Spain.. and found out if we tried to use our every day nebulizer in Europe, even with a converter, it would fry the unit.. how scary!!

Picked up an over the door organizer, and ordered a CARES. (bit the bullet. ugh.)

And will be posting review with pics once we get home.. Thanks Moms! Happy Mothers Day to all of you!

What are CARES?

Here is a quick synopsis-

packed way too much stuff...but better to have and not need than vice versa!

The most important thing was having a good sturdy, yet light stroller (The Combi ROCKED) and a few of his favorite friends (stuffed animals) from home. Also our Eddie Bauer portable booster seat came in very handy.

The portable nebulizer was great.

To all the people who said travelling with a 2 YO was crazy (not on this board), selfish (just insert favorite flame here).. My DS loved every second. He is bored being home and thrived being on the go.

I know all kids are different, and I knew he would do well, but never thought he would be perfect. I mean.. he is two!! But, he was wonderful in the DR..not one tantrum, one crying episode.. it was amazing. So for anyone contemplating, know your child.. but dont let others scare you out of going!

Archived