random balcony question!

sillysausage

are they wooden or glass

we have booked oceana aug 2010!

we have booked a mini suite, and will have a 2 year old 'explorer'

(not that he would every be alone!)

but so we wouldnt have to lock him in the suite (just joking)

but im a paranoid mother who wouldnt be able to sleep!

are they wooden or glass

we have booked oceana aug 2010!

we have booked a mini suite, and will have a 2 year old 'explorer'

(not that he would every be alone!)

but so we wouldnt have to lock him in the suite (just joking)

but im a paranoid mother who wouldnt be able to sleep!

Erm not sure what you mean?? the balcony is wood floors with metal railings with wood on top. From memory the mini-suites are at the back of Oceana. We had the Orrisa suite on her a few years ago

Huw

Blimey

eyes at back of head comes to mind,:eek:

little'un onto table and jump onto rail....I suppose balcony doors would need to be locked when not out there, and then under strict supervison,when the family is on the balcony

when mine were kids all we had was a static caravan at Exmouth - :D;)

Blimey

little'un onto table and jump onto rail....I suppose balcony doors would need to be locked when not out there, and then under strict supervison,when the family is on the balcony

Yes, but you have come along way since then Sue ! Its all balconies walk in wardrobes and wine boxes now.

Inbetween jobs since being made redundant in September, worked nonstop for 34 years prior to that, so enjoying the Summer and my time at home. No plans for a Cruise holiday, hanging on to my redundancy money.

Same time as me then, I finished a contract with Social services in September and was out of work, but decided in a career change, found social services too stressful, now work a few days a week in my favourite dress shop for minimum wage, and its hard graft...so its not easy here either:rolleyes: but to cruise, needs must !:D

Blimey

this made me laugh soooooooooooooooooo much!!!

we went one one before when he was VERY young and we had a great time!

How young ? It must be difficult with taking everything that a baby needs for a holiday. What do you do about nappys, do you take enough for a 2/week holiday ? can you buy them aboard ? or do you have to spend time buying them when the ship is in port.

he was 12 weeks, we just took one bag of 35 and 10 water naps

its just the same as going on any hol with a young baby,

if not easier, acess to 'real water' and the crew were amazing getting us a bowl for steralizing

baby slept from 6 so was easy in his pram!

laundrette was all there no extra cost or big trek

id reccomend it

hubby 2 be could go out at night alone if i was tired, plus he is a seaman so i think its in babys blood

Stopgo(b)/Fastforward, I could have sworn that you were our resident moderator, ever-primed to ensure that we didn't wander off topic. Have you mellowed in your old age?

How in the name of God did we end up with your latest post under the original subject heading of 'random balcony question'? Perhaps in the interests of consistency, you should start a new thread entitled 'disposing of soiled nappies'.

A curious Sir Martin

Well for a start the O/P as been answered.

Secondly my post follows up the previous posts

Thirdly the subject of nappies and babys might well be of interest to anybody thinking of holidaying with a small child or baby.

If you start at the top of the topic you will find all the posts follow on, in fact the original post specifies holidaying with a two year old and the later post mention a 9 month baby. Ofcourse if you could have been bothered to read the topic from first to last you would have known that.

We have been on Oceana,,the balconys are all within the superstructure,,ie, cut outs of the Hull. so mainly all enclosed apart from the window aperture,which has two small raillings with a wooden handrail on top. Am sure the B deck openings were lower than ours were on the C deck.

Rob

Sir Martin, I am stopgobsmacked by your post.

Firstly, please do not question the wisdom of our fantastic moderator.

Secondly, if StopGob/FartForward wants to take the topic somewhere else what has that got to do with you?

Thirdly, if StopGo/Fastforward decide the rules have changed for this post then the rules have changed, of course this does not mean they have changed for you also.

I think an apology for your cheekiness may be in order.

:D :D :D :D :D

Well for a start the O/P as been answered.

Secondly my post follows up the previous posts

Thirdly the subject of nappies and babys might well be of interest to anybody thinking of holidaying with a small child or baby.

If you start at the top of the topic you will find all the posts follow on, in fact the original post specifies holidaying with a two year old and the later post mention a 9 month baby. Ofcourse if you could have been bothered to read the topic from first to last you would have known that.

See the above post Gerry, I think I have explained everything clear enough. Even the Norfolk Brit seems to have got the message.

See the above post Gerry, I think I have explained everything clear enough. Even the Norfolk Brit seems to have got the message.

Of course you have which is exactly why I was telling off Sir Martin, how dare he question you, I wouldn't that's for sure.

I am sorry for posting on your board, I will run along now.

:D

I think you may find that my cat is taking the proverbial, which it tends to do. Terribly sorry, he's dreadfully unruly. He asked me to ask you if you are always so literal.

Mary

Archived