Do I have time to get back to the ship?

1sttimeAlaska

I will be in GC later this month. As our Cozumel stop has been canceled, I was looking at moving our reservation for the Royal Dolphin Swim from Cozumel to GC. I already have another excursion in the morning, so couldn't do the dolphin swim until their 1:00pm time slot. My ship, the Legend out of Tampa, will be on EDT, and is supposed to be in port from 7am to 4pm. Since GC is on EST, when it is 1:00pm local time, it till be 2:00pm ship time. If the excursion takes an hour, or until 3:00pm ship time, will I have time to get back to the ship in time for the last tender? The dolphin swim is located near the turtle farm up on the northwestern end of the island. I am guessing I won't have time, or will feel too rushed to enjoy it. Or is it a possibility that since the ship has nowhere to go the next day (now a sea day), the time in GC will be extended?

Or is it a possibility that since the ship has nowhere to go the next day (now a sea day), the time in GC will be extended?

This is new territory for Cayman. We normally do not host the same ship on two consecutive days. You really will have to contact your cruise line to check their schedule.

Perhaps you could schedule your activity at a different time on the other day?

Archived