El Cid in Cozumel

schreader

We were thinking about purchasing a day pass to El Cid Resort in Cozumel through Carnival. Is El Cid close to town so that we could walk to Carlos and Charlies. I know food and drink are included in the price of the day pass but we always go to Carlos and Charlies when in Cozumel.

We were thinking about purchasing a day pass to El Cid Resort in Cozumel through Carnival. Is El Cid close to town so that we could walk to Carlos and Charlies. I know food and drink are included in the price of the day pass but we always go to Carlos and Charlies when in Cozumel.

Ed Cid is right next to the International pier (where RCCL) docks and the Puerta Maya pier (where Carnival docks)....(they are basically side by side).

This is a $7 taxi ride one way (per taxi not per person) to DOWNTOWN.

Technically, they are not allowed to sell day passes to cruise passengers (since Carnival's offers it and does not allow any competition)....however, the crew go there some and (while I have never done it)....I would just walk over there and purchase a day pass. I don't know how much it is...but it has to be less than Carnival's rate. And it is an easy walk from the pier.

Downtown (CnC) is "about" 4 miles....and we have walked it one way. ( we walk 4 miles a day) There are sidewalks the whole way and it was a good way to get our walking in.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been to el cid 3 time....once with carnival..and after docking right next door we walked there with a guide had open bar only till5 or 6 (we docked at noon ithink) so for 65 buck i thought it was alittle hi in price

well the next 2 times we walked or taxied ourselfs after finding a guy at the pier with an el cid shirt on and bought the same package for 35 bucks...i would say u can buy off the ship...there seems to always be someone at the pier to sell it to u

we have always enjoyed el cid...very peaceful and good food and drinks

if u go there...when u go thru the lobby...take a left instead of a right (right side is the main beach area but on the left its alot nicer and the water lagoons u can get into and u can walk into the ocean instead of goin down the slippery rocks on the other side

hope this helps..if u have anyother ? just ask

• 2 months later...

My daughter and I happened upon El Cid quiet by mistake. It cost us 35.00. Food, drinks (alcohol or not), snorkel equipment included. They have a locker rentals if you don't want to carry alot of stuff. Showers when you get ready to leave. Hammocks to relax in. You can get an outdoor massage. And they have a beautiful fresh water pool if you don't like salt water. We had a great time, they delivered our drinks to us right in the pool and hot tub.

I highly recommend.

Archived