Let's just go overboard!

Actually, it's a flu in non flu season. The FULL impact will not be known until flu season starts. I hope for one its doesn't PAN out, and is a mild is it currently showing.

And the media just wants news. I think your statement is a little over the top.

I don't think it's so over the top...

How long did it take the media to get the word out that there were only 20 deaths in Mexico? Some of them are STILL quoting the 131 number.

131 dead is a better headline that 20 dead...

Every news outlet has gone dashing to the land of yellow journalism in the last few years. It seems as though they compete to see who can insult our intelligence the most...

;)

How long did it take the media to get the word out that there were only 20 deaths in Mexico? Some of them are STILL quoting the 131 number.

Every news outlet has gone dashing to the land of yellow journalism in the last few years. It seems as though they compete to see who can insult our intelligence the most...

;)

Which is why I've narrowed down my choice of who I get my news from to one.

Hard to believe Dom DeLuise is dead.

;)

Mach,

Every news outlet has gone dashing to the land of yellow journalism in the last few years.

I quit writing my newspaper column over 25 years ago because the 'yellow journalism' was so bad then, I could no longer stand to be associated with the media.

Does anyone know what would happen if the CDC lifted the advisory for travel to Mexico. Would the June 14th cruise with a rescheduled stop in Key West change back to Cozumel? I'm about to book an excursion in Key West and was wondering if I should wait.

Does anyone know what would happen if the CDC lifted the advisory for travel to Mexico. Would the June 14th cruise with a rescheduled stop in Key West change back to Cozumel? I'm about to book an excursion in Key West and was wondering if I should wait.

I am wondering the same thing, as we are supposed to be in Coz on June 5th.

Look out Key West, here we come ;) I am so thrilled :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I tell you what OP, I will trade our (dh's) family reunion from last year for your family reunion on a cruise. We went camping at a state park. Turned out the weekend we picked was pretty and sunny YAY! Yeah that was until 4 yes count them 4 tornados came through the area over 3 days time.

Here we are in tents or under the metal pavillion shelter trying to keep from getting zapped, flooding rains and high winds off and on all weekend.

You know what, we still had a great time. We could have sat around and complained about the bad parts but instead we laughed and talked under the shelter while it rained then went out and played soggy horseshoes, water balloon tosses and other fun games when it quit.

Your vaca with changed ports is what you make it. It can be fun or it can be miserable, totally up to you. Just remember it will only take one or 2 miserable people in your group to bring everyone else down. Don't be one of those people. Your with family, be glad you are all still around and you can all be together. You might not get that chance again.

Look at the sticky by Melissa on route changes and in MHO, Carnival is going overboard to HELP everyone they can.Look at Glory western,ocho,cayman,turks.

The other ships are at least stopping somewhere.

Look at the other cruise lines and it looks like they are doin it the easy way, add on time in ports and sea days

Carnival is going so overboard with this swine flu; why not create a panic among cruisers. They go and reroute the cruises through middle of June, but why to Nassau ...why not Belize, Jamaica or Grand Cayman...There is NOTHING GREAT about Nassau. Granted it is better than floating around at see doing nothing. Carnival could have come up with a better plan.

My disappointment is because we have a family reunion on this cruise, everyone has been excited and planning, now squash those plans and try to find something else to do in Bahamas...not easy getting EVERYONE to agree on something.

This just makes me shake my head. I cannot fathum that all this is being blamed on Carnival....... SERIOUSLY!

I just got back from my Splendor cruise that I had planned and researched excursions for TWO years. Was I dissapointed not to get to go to Mexico......HE11 yea! Did I enjoy my short, rainy day in San Francisco. NO! Do I understand why these decisions were make? You bet I do! I would have been very upset to bring anything back to anyone, especially my grandsons! This was just me and a girlfriend. I can't even imagine being more upset about port changes than I would be if my whole family got sick.

I don't know where everyone else lives, but here the schools are on the second week of closures. DH took the grandkids to the park to feed the ducks........it is roped off and CLOSED. Went with DDIL to take grandsons to the Drs office........you get grilled at the front door. You are then either masked and placed in the "sick" waiting room or the "well" waiting room. Churches CLOSED!

Oh, but wait.........I suppose all of this is because Carnival changed port of calls! The world should file a class action suit against Carnival! :eek:

This was really my point, we booked for Cozumel...now have to cancel and find something in Bahamas.

YES I will have fun with the family, glad we all can get together, looking at how the other lines are handling things, I believe rerouting a cruise on June 8 is premature.

I do understand it takes alot to change a route...and again glad it's not just a day at sea. Now we will get our excursion credit and wait to see if this is the final route.

Thanks to all who responded,

Archived