Mariner Cabin Question

I am planning a cruise on the Mariner, and would like some feedback as to what cabin to chose. Is the hump the place to be, how about the back of the ship? So far I am looking at 6320, 7310 and 9310, also there was one off the back that I might be interested in. The only other RCCL ship I have been on is the Radiance, and I had a room off the back that I liked. Would like a nice size balcony.

On Voyager class ships, the balcony off the back is not the same as it was on Radiance. It's large, for sure, however the view is obstructed by the beams that make up the structure of the ship. The angle of the back of the ship down to the water is gradual, so you have to look quite a way out to see the sea. Some people love these balconies, but we didn't care for them - it felt like we were looking over a construction site.

On Mariner, our preference would be a "hump" cabin. We like deck 6 because it's a quick flight down to the promenade for a coffee in the morning, and it's close to the entertainment venues. We also like being as low/close to the water as possible.

We've had one of the corner aft cabins on the Mariner and while the balcony was huge, the cabin itself was no different than any other in it's category. We weren't all that impressed with it, contrary to what others may say. It was a really long walk to the elevators, the view straight down was somewhat obscured, there is all that structural steel framework out there and my husband was really annoyed by the noise of the increased speed at night. I didn't notice the noise from the wake but he told me never to book an aft cabin again.

I'd much prefer a cabin on or near the hump. You're very centrally located with most of the amenities only a flight or two up or down the nearby stairs.

2P.P1

It all comes down to a matter of give and take. The hump gives you great access to the stairs and a nice view. The aft can give you a possibly great view and a huge balcony but at the expense of a long walk. We had the deck 7 corner aft on the Freedom (effectively the same as the Mariner) and loved it. HUGE balcony and great view out the back and side. The back is a little obstructed by the structure but that too bad IMO. We have the Deck 10 corner aft on the Mariner in August. IMO I wouldn't do a deck 6 aft or deck 7 unless it was the corners (views not as good). I am not sure as the the view from anywhere else but the higher you go the better, deck 10 has an unobstructed view out the back.

I had no problem with the walk although it is a pretty fair distance to the stairs, a couple of hundred feet at least. No problem with noise or motion, although I thought the motion in the back was different than the motion elsewhere, more of a shimmy.

WhiteSoxFan said it best. It is give and take but both are good. A year ago we had deck 9 aft and a couple weeks ago we had deck 8 hump, both on Mariner. I would go with aft. I didn't mind the walk, traffic in the hallway is non-existant, the two lounge chairs on the large balcony are nice and I thought we had more shade on the aft. That being said, the hump location was so nice to walk out the door and I'm already at the stairs.

Personally I love the hump, we had 6614 last September on the hump. So easy access for the lifts, easy to get down to the Promenade, so convenient. However, if you have a balcony, then wherever you go is likely to be great!

I love the aft cabins on the Radiance class, but haven't booked one on Mariner yet. Long walks are fine (as long as you're not mobility-impaired) and the superstructure may end up being like the telephone lines that cross my view of Catalina Island at home - after the initial annoyance, I don't notice them.

I loved our hump JS (9324) last year, though. The cabin is a little larger than the standard JS because it incorporated the curve of the hump inside. I think the balcony is the same size. Because it angled back, there were some nice wake views, too.

We had 8618 the center of the hump and thought it was great...centrally located...right near the internet cafe, right near the stairway for an easy walk up to the pool, Windjammer, down to the Promenade, etc.

Personally I love the hump, we had 6614 last September on the hump. So easy access for the lifts, easy to get down to the Promenade, so convenient. However, if you have a balcony, then wherever you go is likely to be great!

At present time I have rooms 6596, 6592, and 6594 reserved. Someone told me the life boats may be right below us. Can anyone tell me if these are good balcony rooms or not?

We had 8618 the center of the hump and thought it was great...centrally located...right near the internet cafe, right near the stairway for an easy walk up to the pool, Windjammer, down to the Promenade, etc.

I just changed rooms from 6592 to 8626 on the hump. Since this is not on the middle, will I not be able to see the length of the ship? Would rather be where you were, but it is not available. This one just popped up today. I am hoping I like it better than 6592.

Archived