Van to Sea Sailing; will I have enuff time in customs?

Help. I sail in a few days and now I worry I might not make my flight in Seattle. I know that customs is pretty quick for RT sailings from the same city. But what about sailings that begin in one city and end in another.

Can anyone tell me what is involved? Will it be like the airport? How much will be done on the Vancouver/ship end?

Thanks so much.

Really need more specifics for a useful answer.

Regarding response from wrp96, I do not see how you will go through US immigration and customs at the pier in Vancouver, that will be Canadian immigration and customs.

Regarding response from wrp96, I do not see how you will go through US immigration and customs at the pier in Vancouver, that will be Canadian immigration and customs.

I am correct about what will happen. In Vancouver before you board the cruiseships, you go through US immigration and customs. ICE preclears all departures to Alaska in Vancouver so you don't have to do it in Alaska (or in the OP's case, Seattle). Same thing with flights to the US from Vancouver; you go through US immigration and customs at the airport before you board your US bound flight, that way you don't have to do it once you arrive in the US.

Sorry wrp96, I misread OP's question. I also was unaware of Alaska cruises that start in Vancouver and end in Seattle and I apparently incorrectly assumed OP was talking about land travel from Vancouver to Seattle since that is the usual mode HAL uses. But, IF the cruise ends in Seattle, then I understand what you saying and agree. Guess I should have ended my post with my first sentence.

Living in Seattle I have made dozens of trips between Vancouver and Seattle and several cruises to Alaska from both Seattle and Vancouver. I know those procedures well. I missed that OP will actually be on the ship this month that boards in Vancouver and disembarks in Seattle.

Archived