Early Saver Fare

martyap

Any reasons NOT to go with the Early Saver Fare? I know that the deposit is not refundable but for a $50 pp fee you can credit it towards a future cruise. Also, I did purchase TravelEx traveler's insurance that covers full fare if we cancel for one of the standard approved reasons. I'm doing a family cruise for 10 and the Early Saver knocks a total of $1100 off my bill. Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Marty

Well, I had been keeping track of the one 9A cabin that was left on my Sept. Conquest sailing, because our daughter had shown an interest in going with us. I checked again today, and they have dropped the Early Saver rate, which caused the price of that 9A to jump over $300 pp since last weekend! :eek: So, based on that, she should have definitely booked it on the Early Saver rate!

If you cancel an Early Saver then rebook later on, you can't use the credit toward your deposit. They discount the price of your cruise by the amount of your credit and you have to pay a new deposit. I keep booking early savers for the price and then change my mind. You would think I would have learned by now. I sail on Sunday and after that Carnival will no longer possess any of my money. I can't wait. No more early savers for me!

If you cancel an Early Saver then rebook later on, you can't use the credit toward your deposit. They discount the price of your cruise by the amount of your credit and you have to pay a new deposit. I keep booking early savers for the price and then change my mind. You would think I would have learned by now. I sail on Sunday and after that Carnival will no longer possess any of my money. I can't wait. No more early savers for me!

I am booked with the early saver right now. I am VERY unhappy with Carnival right now and would like to know how you moved your sailing deposit.

Can I move it to a cruise that is around the same amount as the deposit they are holding? I do understand there will be a 50.00pp fee to change but I want to make sure that Carnival doesn't get one more dime from me other then the 50.00pp charge to change sailings.

I too, will never book early saver!:(

Why if so angry :mad: with CCL would you wish to move the sailing date ??? :confused:

Why not cancel, lose the deposit and consider it a lesson learned ? :rolleyes:

Everyone hates to lose $$$, but if you are so angry at CCL and say you do not want them to get any additional $ from you.... I guess I am just curious. :confused::confused:

Why if so angry :mad: with CCL would you wish to move the sailing date ??? :confused:

Why not cancel, lose the deposit and consider it a lesson learned ? :rolleyes:

Everyone hates to lose $$$, but if you are so angry at CCL and say you do not want them to get any additional $ from you.... I guess I am just curious. :confused::confused:

Because $700.00 is alot to just walk away from. Yes, it could be a lesson learned but I won't be walking away from $700.00.

Before you cruise with carnival make sure you know up front before you sail, what they will do in the event you miss ALL of your ports!

They aren't customer minded! They are only looking out for what is in the best interest for Carnival. The early saver plan is a way for them to hold your deposit "hostage" like they did with us last week on the Splendor!

Because $700.00 is alot to just walk away from. Yes, it could be a lesson learned but I won't be walking away from $700.00.

Before you cruise with carnival make sure you know up front before you sail, what they will do in the event you miss ALL of your ports!

They aren't customer minded! They are only looking out for what is in the best interest for Carnival. The early saver plan is a way for them to hold your deposit "hostage" like they did with us last week on the Splendor!

Ahhhhhhh... I kinda figured it had something to do with the itinerary changes. I understand about not wanting to lose that amount of $$$. Good luck in getting things worked out with them and changing dates.

Just thought I would point out that I am one who the Early saver has worked out very well. I booked a July trip on the Valor almost a year ago. It was a Balcony Guarantee for $1249 per person. (I know that's high, but its the only time we can go). Then changed to Early Saver when it came out. Then changed with my early saver rate on a one day sale to an 8G Aft Balcony. Between then and final payment my fare went down to $929 pp. All easy to get reductions from my final payment amount. Today it went down to $869 and I now have $60pp Obc! So all told, I have saved almost $400 pp and upgraded to an Aft Balcony.

I bought insurance, knew the risks and have come out great! Now if only the price will keep dropping....

Just thought I would point out that I am one who the Early saver has worked out very well. I booked a July trip on the Valor almost a year ago. It was a Balcony Guarantee for $1249 per person. (I know that's high, but its the only time we can go). Then changed to Early Saver when it came out. Then changed with my early saver rate on a one day sale to an 8G Aft Balcony. Between then and final payment my fare went down to $929 pp. All easy to get reductions from my final payment amount. Today it went down to $869 and I now have $60pp Obc! So all told, I have saved almost $400 pp and upgraded to an Aft Balcony.

I bought insurance, knew the risks and have come out great! Now if only the price will keep dropping....

This is the secret to protecting yourself on the early saver fares.... and you got some great rate reductions, SO YOU WON across the board ! Congrats !

I am glad it worked out well for you! I hope you get more discounts before you sail!

Have a great cruise! You will love the Valor! A great ship! :)

This is the secret to protecting yourself on the early saver fares.... and you got some great rate reductions, SO YOU WON across the board ! Congrats !

I will only book from now on with travel insurance. What was I thinking?:confused:

I don't think it would have helped me last week but maybe in the future???

Thanks everyone although the responses are mixed. I understand that the ESF is a gimmick but it still seems like a way to get a low fare even before waiting for any price drops. Some cruises are more popular than others and might not even see price reductions over the course of a year. Guess it is a crap shoot. We booked the Pride for June 2010 out of Baltimore and my understanding is that it fills up more quickly than many of the Caribbean cruises out of Florida only because of the limited Baltimore sailings......$1100 in savings for 10 people only comes out to $110 pp so I don't know if it is better to wait and look for price drops or grab the ESF now......Thanks.

Marty:confused:

I am booked with the early saver right now. I am VERY unhappy with Carnival right now and would like to know how you moved your sailing deposit.

Can I move it to a cruise that is around the same amount as the deposit they are holding? I do understand there will be a 50.00pp fee to change but I want to make sure that Carnival doesn't get one more dime from me other then the 50.00pp charge to change sailings.

I too, will never book early saver!:(

If you TRANSFER the reservation to a new date/itinerary then they charge you a $50pp administrative fee. If you cancel and rebook you have to place a new deposit (so Carnival gets MORE of your money!). I always book "cancel for any reason" insurance through Travelsafe and they cover the penalties. Still, after my cruise on 5/10 I will never book another early saver no matter what the price. The agents on the phone really get frustrated when dealing with early saver changes. Every phone call takes FOREVER because they always have to get supervisors involved. It's just not worth the hassel unless you are 150% certain that you will not need to make any changes.

Personally, I'd take the Early Saver... I've never cancelled a cruise that is under deposit and can't imagine circumstances where that might happen except a last minute emergency of some sort...and, for that, there's always trip insurance.

It's a big savings...money that could sure be used on board for other things.

As long as everyone agrees and confirms they are going, it should be fine. It would be important to explain in detail that there are restrictions and that the deposit is nonrefundable....

Good luck.

I would actually PREFER that the entire deposit was non-refundable and that there would be no future cruise credit. That way insurance would cover the entire deposit (rather than just the penalties) and you are not forced to sail on Carnival at a later date if you don't want to. Right now they hold your money hostage. I guess if you waited until after final payment was do, you could cancel and get your full deposit back from insurance if you book "cancel for any reason" coverage.

ES is great if you understand the rules and are willing to risk the 50pp or buy your insurance. It's saved us $160 on this trip, that's $160 more OBC we have to spend and I'm betting it goes down a little more before cruise time since there are still a lot of rooms available.

We will be booking ES for next years trip too but on that one we'll add insurance as extra $$ protection since the kids will be along.

ES is not for everyone but for those that it works out for it awesome.

I would actually PREFER that the entire deposit was non-refundable and that there would be no future cruise credit. That way insurance would cover the entire deposit (rather than just the penalties) and you are not forced to sail on Carnival at a later date if you don't want to. Right now they hold your money hostage. I guess if you waited until after final payment was do, you could cancel and get your full deposit back from insurance if you book "cancel for any reason" coverage.

This is what is happened to me. I am being forced to sail with a company AGAIN that doesn't make costomer service their first priority. (unless I want to lose my deposit)

I don't have trip insurance so I guess I'm stuck!:mad:

Archived