P and O Ventura Photo Prices

bobarnie

Sorry, but yes they are!

From recollection, I'm sure that the larger photos were approx £15 and the smaller ones about £8. I didnt think that they were brilliant photos either to substantiate the price.

Jenni

I heard (don't know how true it is) that the ships photographers do not get a wage as such, instead getting their money from the sale of photographs, hence why there is always a camera lens being pointed at you when you are on a cruise. Not sure how true it is but might answer why some of the photos are so expensive!!

Hope the photgraphers ar'nt a pain.

Always there when you least want them.

like after a 8 1/2 hour flight.:(

My husband hates having the photographers pointing a camera at him at dinner - he finds it most annoying, he will pose for one only plus a group table one and thats it.

I heard (don't know how true it is) that the ships photographers do not get a wage as such, instead getting their money from the sale of photographs, hence why there is always a camera lens being pointed at you when you are on a cruise. Not sure how true it is but might answer why some of the photos are so expensive!!

So if we believe what we hear....that the photographers don't get paid, the bar staff don't get paid, the waiters don't get paid, etc. etc. who exactly gets the money that we pay for our cruises !!!!!!!!!!!

The photos aren't cheap but I don't think they charge any more than other cruise lines. You would probably pay more if you went to a professional photographer in your home town. We never stop and have our photo taken at the bottom of the gang plank but do normally have some of the formal ones taken as much for a laugh as anything. On our last cruise we bought a presentation book of photos linked to the ports of call as it was on offer one night and we thought it was good value. Its a really nice momento of the cruise.

Can anyone tell me what orice the photo prices are on Ventura. Are they as expensive as people are making out ?

We have just returned from a cruise on the Ventura and I thought the photos were lovely and good value for money. The large formal photos were £14 each but if you bought a second one taken at the same session it was half price. On the black and white formal night a black and white photo was also included. We bought a card for £80 which gave us eight photos and these were crossed off each time we bought one. The smaller photos taken at dinner, the gang plank and at sail aways were £5.95 and photos of the ship were £2.95. The photographers do work on a comission but you are not pestered by them. On formal nights they are set up in certain areas around the ship and you go to them if you want your photo taken. They do aproach you at dinner and at the gang plank but if you don't want your photo taken just say 'no thank you' There are so many other people on the ship they wont waste theire time trying to get you to have your photo taken if you don't want to. Once you have had your photo taken there is no pressure to buy. The photos are displayed and you only buy the ones you want. We also bought a photo book with photos of the ship, ports of call and five photos of our choice taken of us during our cruise and it was also signed by the Captain. We paid £80 for this which was a bit pricey for what it was. That said I am still pleased we bought it as it is a great momento of our holiday and something which could not be bought once we were home.

Alot of P/O activity from you this evening Gerry, are you bored with the Celebrity M/Bs ? Only two weeks to go for you, I know you have high expectations from the ship and your fellow passengers, so I hope everything turns out how you would like it to.

Alot of P/O activity from you this evening Gerry, are you bored with the Celebrity M/Bs ? Only two weeks to go for you, I know you have high expectations from the ship and your fellow passengers, so I hope everything turns out how you would like it to.

You are just too kind, I am sure it will be fine and the ship and passengers will meet my exceptionally high expectations. If they don't then I will just lock myself in my Penthouse suite.

:D :D :D

I would like to just let you know that you have moved away from the original topic. Have you relaxed the rules on this?

Thanks you so much Mrs. Moderator.

:D

I would like to just let you know that you have moved away from the original topic. Have you relaxed the rules on this?

Thanks you so much Mrs. Moderator.

No, but I was worried what with all the P/O activity from you, and wanted to wish you all the best for your holiday. When does LibraLass depart for her Cruise ?

No, but I was worried what with all the P/O activity from you, and wanted to wish you all the best for your holiday. When does LibraLass depart for her Cruise ?

Same time as me of course, we are sharing a penthouse suite.

The photos aren't cheap but I don't think they charge any more than other cruise lines. You would probably pay more if you went to a professional photographer in your home town. .

Yes, but then you would get a "professional" photograph. The quality of the (I can only call them snaps) that I saw on Ventura last week were apalling. We found it quite easy to avoid having our pictures taken during the entire cruise . So we saved P&O some cash in printing pictures that we would never buy. Maybe they will send us a refund.

David

Many a word spoken in jest, I would have thought you would have had enough with all your new friends on the Celebrity Board.

Oh Stopgo, why are you following me, there is a law against that you know!

Yes, but then you would get a "professional" photograph. The quality of the (I can only call them snaps) that I saw on Ventura last week were apalling. We found it quite easy to avoid having our pictures taken during the entire cruise . So we saved P&O some cash in printing pictures that we would never buy. Maybe they will send us a refund.

David

I wonder how much P/O actually make from all the photos they take ? apart from Wedding Photos and the Captains Do, I can't imagine much of a take up on the rest.

What? Not much take up? Have you seen the queues to buy photos ?

Most 1st time cruisers love the photos, some buy perhaps because its the first time they have been photographed in their formal wear , and men in tux do look great...I bet they sell loads of photos, I bought about 5 the first cruise, then 2 or 3 on the 2nd and perhaps 1 or 2 after that on each cruise.

I like the ones at port as well with some background photos in of the country you are visiting. Have a couple of nice ones at the table too.

I expect they throw away as many as they take and print off though, so each photo sold has to cover the wasteage of all those not sold and destroyed

Archived