Booking Princess Shore Excursions On-line

greatuncle

Perhaps someone out there knows the answer to this!

The Princess Cruise Personaliser says that shore excursions are bookable up to 120 days before a cruise, or words very similar. However, I am trying to reserve some excursions for relatives who are on the 03/30/05 Dawn Princess cruise. When I log in to their reservation it says that shore excursions "Not Yet Available" and yet today is 114 days prior to departure. Any ideas as to why this is so?

Many thanks for any help/advice you can give.

Peter (in an unseasonally mild UK)

Because the website lies all the time. Most excursions seem to be available right around when you make you final payment. There have been some exceptions but generally I would not expect to be able to book excursions til about 70 days out.

And... when they do become available, know which ones you want and BOOK them !! Don't wait until you board because the popular ones WILL be sold out!! We didn't realize how many people pre-book (either online or by fax when they get their "pre-cruise" documents!) and alot of tours were already sold out BEFORE we sailed!! We were "wait-listed" for fishing in cozumel but that never came available... so... don't wait!!

Thank you all so much - I've passed your messages on to my niece. Although final payment is not due until 1/13 she may well pay soon with such a good (for us anyway) $ rate. Then I'll monitor their personaliser daily to see when the excursions become available and let you know.

Thanks again

Peter

Archived