QM2 March 9, 2005

cruiserking

Just a hair shy of the three month mark. Pre-Cruise documents should be arriving within the week. Can't wait to drive down the Westside Highway and see that glorious super structure towering over the cruise ship terminal.

Look forward to chatting with anyone else who will be aboard for this 8 day Caribbean Voyage. Perhaps we can meet for cordials in the Commodore Club.

Cruiserking

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you will be aboard for this cruise Susietb, where are you folks from? Is this your first voyage aboard QM2?

Have your or JP Evans received your pre-cruise docs yet. I journey to he post office each day with bated breath only to come up with wretched bills.

Perhaps we could meet for cordials in the afternoon of the first day at sea. It all depends I suppose on when the Captains' Cocktail Party is.

Haven't been to Puerto Rico in ages. Looking forward to exploring around he Old Town and checking out El Morro. There is quite a dazzling picture of this ancient Spanish Fortress in the December issue of Cruise Travel Magazine.

Hoping for some QM2 magic in the mail today.

Cruiserking

Hi all we will be traveling with you fine people on this cruise. There are 8 of us in all Ruth, Jack,Susan,Lana,Don,Donna,Kate and Mary. We truly do like to party and we cover a large and diverses group of generations. We look forward to meeting you people at some point on this trip. We can hardly wait as it is already toooooo cold here for us! and the thought of warm tropical breezes and rum punches sounds like just what the doctor ordered for frost bite! Hpe you all have a Happy New Year and we look forward to meeting you in March!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was rather looking forward to our sojourn in San Juan, but it appears as if our March 9, cruise will not be stopping there.

It appears the San Juan Harbor will not be dredged by March. The Cunard site has already replaced our San Juan visit with a stop at St. Thomas instead.

Where and when shall we meet for cordials, the first day at sea at the Commodore Club?

-Cruiserking

This is my first cruise and I am traveling with my 16 year old daughter. I cannot accept why it is so difficult to find accurate information about the itnerary on the qm2. For the first time all my sisters and my mother are going together. The travel agent is nice and we booked through my mother's travel group but my sister and I are very concerned we do no like being treated like lambs.

Please tell me why is this industry so secretive. We are not going to San Juan yet the documents still say we are??

Or

are we

LOL we will have fun together anyway.

We were called by our travel agent over the weekend and were also notified by mail that the itinerary was changed.

If you go to the Cunard Website, all the cruise itineraries have been changed and list St. Thomas or St. Kitts as a substitute for San Juan.

My travel agent has no idea that San Juan is now St thomas. I only know because of the internet. It wouldn't of bothered me if I didn't find out till I got aboard. Just the way I am, I guess. I choosed this cruise because it was the Queen Mary 2, and that it left from NYC. and that it was my birthday during the cruise. If Cunard cancelled my birthday, I might get a little tiffed.

J.P.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Just a note to let you know that a group of 22 of us, all from Connecticut, with the exception of two from California, will be joining you on the the March 9th cruise on the QM2. Most of us have cruised before, but none on the QM2.

We look forward to joining you for cocktails ...just let us know when and where!

We also look forward to reading any emails that might give us pointers, tips, info, etc. about the ship, island excursions, etc.

Take care ~

CTAZCAT

CTAZCAT & other March 9, QM2 Voyagers,

Sounds like we have a very merry bunch brewing for this Caribbean cruise. It would be great to meet everyone for a cordial. How does The Commodore Club on our first sea day, March 10, at 2pm sound?

Cruiserking

You March 9thers seem to have a terrific group going. I''m quite envious as it seems so far, there are very few cc's booked with us for March 25th. I'll be looking forward to your reviews as we wait for our trip, especially since it is the same itinerary. Have fun!

Ctazcat,

Glad to hear you will be there on March 10, we look forward to meeting all of you. The Commodore Club is located on deck 9 all the way forward. Some other things not to miss on your QM2 voyage:

The observation deck (deck 11) on a sea day, or arriving in port, a beautiful perch to gaze at the wide open panorama of ocean and sky.

The Chart Room: very elegant spot for post or pre dinner cordials.

High Tea in the Queen's Room, very British, clotted cream, scones, jam.

The Royal Court Theater: Don't miss these very dazzling production shows each evening.

A ride in either of the two outdoor glass elevators which can be boarded from deck 7 through 11.

See you at Sea

Cruiserking

Hi. I will be on the QM2 for the March 9th cruise also. I have signed on as a dance host, and this will be my first one. i understand there will be six hosts aboard. I would enjoy meeting other cruisers for drinks anytime. I'm sure it will be a fun trip. See you aboard. Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are going to be on the March 9th cruise and we are so excited. This is only our second cruise....the first was a transatlantic on the QE2. Any hints? I just made the reservations. Would love to meet some of you. Any thoughts about getting fromthe airport to the boat dock. Look forward to meeting some of you.

You can take the "Super Shuttle" to the pier it will cost about $20 or so per person. I think taxi's have a flat fare from the airports into Manhattan. Those two options would be the easiest way. The Airtran train will take you to Penn Station, but then will have to grab a cab anyway. I'm also looking forward to the QM2 on March 9th. It's my second time sailing her. I was on the Tandem Crossing last April. The ship is wonderful.

See you soon

J.P.

Good Morning! I thought I would throw my two cents in....It sounds like a fun group going on this trip. We leave 2/26 on will disembark in New York on your sail date.

St. Thomas is known for the shopping but having been there many times we like to take a cab over to Megan's Bay...If you like calm waters and a beautiful beach then you would like Megan's. There are chairs for rent and we snorked off the beach. I thought this might be of interest.

For those of you who have traveled to Bonaire could you give me a helpful hint or two? Our ports of call are Martinique, Barbados, Curacao, Bonaire, and Fort Lauderdale. We just booked on Monday but I have met a couple of delightful cruisers in the past few days on the board.

JP...I hope you have a very Happy Birthday onboard!

Archived